Advice on when to leave

My mat leave starts the 7th at 38 weeks due to holidays and my dd is 10th. After talking to hubby i will have 9 months of. I have told work a year but if i give two months notice i can come back early. Also i will ask about about working 3 days a week. I am going to be really out of order and maybe have this week of as im shattered. I did decide to leave early but other half said i might miss that time and regret it later. X

I just finished work at 39 weeks, but it's an office job so not really hard on the body. The only thing I did worry about was having enough quiet time to prepare myself for the baby - luckily it's not been early so far...

I'd almost say try working as long as you can if your workplace is flexible to let you go if things don't work out. I wouldn't have wanted extra weeks sitting at home just waiting, have a feeling I'll be very impatient during the next few days...couldn't imagine then going over, Tigger!

I went part time at 32 weeks and went off completely the day before I turned 37 weeks (using annual leave until mat leave has to start on 23rd May). I'm a software engineer so it wasn't exactly physically difficult work. I was exhausted in my last two weeks though and so ready to leave mentally. My head was all baby baby baby not 'why doesn't this bit of code work?'.

I'm planning to leave at 38 weeks. It's going to kill me but I'm determined!

I'm planning to leave at 38 weeks so not this Fri but next. However I have had a week and half of work as back is so bad. So iv been lucky that iv had this time of I feel like iv needed it. I go back Wednesday so will only have 8 days left at work. I am possibly going to have an induction so depending on how long they give me I may have to leave early x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back