Advice on bump.. Should I talk to mw??

Its always so hard to tell with these type of things, I mentioned this in another thread a while ago, but i'm always wondering how they actually class a baby as "too big" or "too small" - what if they're just naturally small or naturally big, rather than not growing properly if that makes sense.

You've had your 20wk scan too, so i'm sure if parts of the body weren't growing properly you'd have been told. I can understand why you're worried though.

yeah i agree with star fish, im having a girl and ive got two boys, my bump is completely different this time around. i was very round with my boys, hips, bum etc. but now im just upfront. cos im little i cant even drive anymore x

Thanks ladies you've all put my mind at rest.. I'm gonna call the us dept to see if I need the growth scans just in case.. I've not seen anyone since 20w scan and I have no other apps til 28w

Thanks again :) x

Spoke to ultrasound and they said they have decided to not scan anyone at 24w as there wouldn't be any significant changes/problems until 28weeks.. So I've got a scan booked for just before my antenatal clinic appointment at 28weeks :) handy so I won't need to make two journeys :) so I've got a scan in three weeks time :D

Thanks again ladies :D x

And they said I should have had a 24w check up at my gp booked but I hadn't got anything.. So I'll be on to them tomo I'm too ill to do it now :( hate colds in heat :(

good your getting the scan hun! hope your cold goes soon! i am sniffling still!!!

Thanks :) put my mind at rest now I know we will see baby again soon :)

god this cold is awful :( throat is like sandpaper :cry:

Glad you got your scan booked and get to see baby again and put your mind at rest.

Awww hun, hope you get rid of your cold soon, i'm constantly bunged up! But its not a cold!
As for bumps, I carried the boys all over! But this time its all at the front & nowhere else!! This time we are having a girl :) x x x

Aww congrats on ur girl :) and what a beautiful name :D
I carried all over with the girls and this one is all up front lol

It's taken a turn for the worse and knocked out my voice :( it's so painful and there's sod all I can do about it :cry:
I'm soooooooo hot.. Walking around in undies (around the house lol) and sweating :(
Finding it so hard to sleep at night too just can't wait for it to go away :'(

Last edited:
Hey, Ive been told I have to have scans every 2 weeks too, as Ive had CIN 3 treatment twice, most recent treatment was january and I took an infection in my womb then. So They are scaning me from 18 - 28 weeks to make sure everything is ok. At my next appointment they are gonna measure the cervix length too, although I think if its normal and they dont have to put a stitch in, and the baby is growing normally they cancel the 2 week scans as its not high risk anymore. Although Ive been told too that I have to go to the consultant for smear tests so they can keep an eye on the cells as I havent had a clear smear in nearly 2 years, so Im sure that if everything all comes back clear and normal Ill be put down to low risk xxx

Glad im not alone in this! they told me they wouldnt need to scan my cervix anymore but didnt say anything about not needing the growth scans so i asked the ultrasound dept and theyve booked me in another scan at 28weeks.. I may ask them to quickly check my cervix again at that scan, it couldnt hurt for reassurance.. they told me if i have 5 clear smear results in 10 then ill be low risk so its normal to get negative results after treatment..
Good luck on your scans hun i hope all is well for you :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back