can the hospital be wrong?

katiee24

Reaction score
so throughout my pregnancy ive had around 5-6 scans.. and im expecting more to come due to awkward baby.. but from scans week 5,6,9 & 12 weeks my due date changed.. when i went for my 20wk scan it stayed the same as the 12wk one.. when i work it out from my LMP i should be 2 days ahead.. but a friend of mine seen my bump picture and said are you sure your not further along?.. can the hospital be wrong?

They certainly can. I think my hospital is wrong but I'll find that out in 9 days at my next scan.
I read online that if you think you're further along than you've been told, you should prepare for labour early.
Which is what I will be doing. A lot of women actually go into labour on the day they worked out themselves or the date they were told at a scan if it changed.

xxx

good job ive got you to read my posts :D haha! & also reminding my scans on the same day too ;) oh im prepared already! i was scared at first but im ready for anything.. no pain no gain.. my friend did the same! they told her she was due 7th june.. and she said no im 6th june.. and what do you know she had her baby on the 6th june :D haha xxx

Im interested to see what happens at my 22 week scan. My 12wk scan gave me a due date of 14dec. At my 16wk midwife apt, which toon place when I was 17weeks, she said the baby was positioned more like an 18-19 week pregnancy. She said that my dates may be moved forward at my next scan... or I may just catch u with myself and stay the same date.
I cant really go by my lmp as I had really long cycles.

It is all best guess and it's best to be prepared from 37 weeks. My date changed twice but from 12 weeks baby grows differently and the dating isn't accurate

Im experiancing the same hunny, my due date has been changed from 1st Nov to 31st Oct from early scan to 12 week scan then at my 20 week scan my date changed again but the sonographer quickly over typed it before i had chance to see and then yesterday i was told at a 4d scan my due date is the 22nd October! They will come when they are ready but im going by the early date to make sure im ready x x

If the dates aren't hugely different, it doesn't really matter I think. Only a minority of babies are actually born on their due date anyway, anything from 2 weeks before to 2 weeks after the due date is absolutely normal. So I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you think that the hospital has got it wrong by a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back