why don't I have a bump yet?

Frog99

Reaction score
I thought I'd have a bump by now (18wks tomorrow) but I don't.
I'm actually feeling quite sad about it. I really want to look pregnant.

My stomach is a little larger than usual but not at all noticeable to anyone but me and all my clothes still fit. I've had a look through the bump pics post and the others have bumps at 17wks so where's mine?

I was talking to my OH about it yesterday and he said to stop worrying about it cos in a few weeks I'll probably be moaning that my bumps uncomfortably large. He also reckons it might be because I am quite thin - surely in that case I'd show more of a bump...or his other theory is that the baby is small.

Size wise it was OK at the 12wk scan. Weight wise I've not put much weight on but the midwife never weighed me at 16wks - should she have?

I'm starting to worry that all isn't well (although I did hear the baby's heartbeat at 16wks)

Seriously, stop worrying :) Im 19 weeks and i only have a slight bump that is noticable when i have my top off, side view in the mirror and also you can see it slightly if i have a thin T Shirt on. I am still in my old clothes although they are starting to get a little tight. Im also quite slim and i have put on about 3 pounds max throughout the entire pregnancy :shock: Everyone gets their bump at their own pace and im sure baby is fine :hug:

well, if you looked through the bump pics thread, you'll have seen my total absence of a bump at 19w1. By the evening I had a slight bump... This morning, at 19w3, there is absolutely no mistaking that I'm pg. Just took a couple more photos which I'll upload later. It's not a big bump but it is most definitely a bump. DH came into the bathroom as I stepped out the shower, and said :shock: where the hell did that come from?! :lol:

All the other women were commenting on my lack of a bump at the antenatal aquarobics class on Tuesday - am looking forward to what they have to say at the yoga class today!

(oh, and even with the bump I can still get my size 10 jeans on. Have packed my size 8s away now though!)

I had zilcho until I hit 18 weeks then between 18 weeks and now its seems to have grown heaps. I now have a little bump :D ..Everyone says to me that they cant see it but I definitely can. I didnt get weighed at 16 weeks either hun. Dont worry at all, I think in the next few weeks it will start to come out x

im the same hun i am growing into what i had spare! so just look fat at the moment, i remember when i was PG with DS i never really got a bump i just looked fat, im praying i get a decent bump this time!!

Thanks girls.

I'll probably just wake up with a bump one day and wonder where it came from. I wonder if actually people who I haven't seen for a while will see a significant bump...I'm seeing my old uni mates at Easter (we meet up about twice a year) - I'm hoping to have a bump by then which I should at 25wks.

I was worrying like you wen i was 18 weeks pregnant, tht my bump hadnt come yet.
but now only a week later my bumps finally come out. its not very big but its deffinatly there.
Just be patient and in a few weeks it will really sprout :)

xx

Hi!

Oh i remember posting a huge rant on here when i was pg with DS! Where is my bump! It didnt really come until 20 weeks and only then you could only see it properly when i was laying down!

Frog99 said:
Thanks girls.

I'll probably just wake up with a bump one day and wonder where it came from. I wonder if actually people who I haven't seen for a while will see a significant bump...I'm seeing my old uni mates at Easter (we meet up about twice a year) - I'm hoping to have a bump by then which I should at 25wks.

Mr Chopsie and I were in Ikea the other day and he said to me "I swear your bump's an inch bigger every time I look at you today!' - and I think he was right!!

Your bump will be here soon enough :hug:

Don't worry, chick... I'm just the same. I asked midwife about it as people keep commenting and it was making me worried. She said everybody is different and that I measure spot on for 17 weeks :dance:

I think it depends where the baby lies as well... sometimes when he/she comes right to the front and I'm lay down there's a really obvious little bump but then sometimes it seems to just disappear! I'm hoping it will really come along in next few weeks though because I'm dying to look pregnant :pray:

I wouldnt worry hun, my best friend didnt look pregnant at all even when she was full term, she is very slim. First babies take longer to show too :hug:

I am sure you look beautiful even with a weeny bump. I think it's really individual though as already said. I was watching Jeremy Kyle earlier (lol I love half term) and this woman was 6 months pregnant, I had a bigger tummy then her when I was pregnant :)

people keep saying to me "oh look uv got a little bump" and "oh wow ur starting to show" and im like really no im not thats just all the cakes ive been eating :oops: cant wait for proper bumpage tho!!!

I'm quite slim too and when i've got my clothes on you can't really tell, I just look a bit bloated! :(

I'm expecting a bump surge anyday now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back