Advice on a night out - how to tell friends not drinking

dawnrise

Reaction score
Hi All

I am still in the very early stages of pregnancy and of want to give up alcohol completely. The problem I have is that I have a night out with a group of friends in 2 weeks time and a bit worried about what to say as I will not be drinking.

Of course I would love to tell them, but myself and Hubby decided it might be better to wait until a bit later on in the pregnancy first.

I just wondered if anyone else is in the same situation and what you have done.

Its a night away we are having, so no excuses about driving, and we all like to have a few drinks and a meal, so tryng to think of ways to disguise it.

Its so difficult, thanks :)

You could drink fresh orange/coke/lemonade/tonic water and say it has vodka/gin in it x or say that your on antibiotics and can't drink-or pain killers x

Id go wiv the anti-biotics excuse xx

Yep the anti-biotics one is good one.

ive given up smoking and drinking....not easy on the smoking pat. but had a birthday on the weekend and just made it clear i cannot drink as im on antibiotics.

I used the antibiotics one but then someone said what for? lol. I came up with an infection in my wisdom tooth....To be honest i think they believed me but i couldn't believe how easy it was to lie woops!

lmao hahahahaha wow. ur a pro aye.
why do friends always ask.....mine was i had cystitis.

Thanks everyone, antibiotics it is and if they ask why, I might give them a gruesome story to serve them right lol! :)

yeah i would tell them something like you have a group strep b infection, found by high vaginal swabs. they wont ask anymore!! (all from experiance!!) soz if tmi xx

Put your hand gently on their arm, tell them you have been put on a precautionary course of antibiotics after you were bitten by a wild animal. that should do it. :-D

Just say its a wee infection, loads of ladies get them all the time, don't expect they will ask more than that, I'm doing the same at a wedding next week if the bride asks, I would love to tell her, but she will be drunk after 10 mins, and she can't keep a secret esp when drunk for more than 2 seconds, bless her she just can't help it

So when are people telling of the news? Its so difficult as I don't want to tell anyone as its early days, but its getting really hard not to tell anyone. Also I think paranoia has set in and I can actually see a little bump,or maybe i am not holding it in haha, would like to know what everyone else is doing :)

I had that this week with work. I said I was on antibiotics, was gonna say for kidney infection if anyone asks, cos that would explain any side rubbing with pregnancy pains! It worked fine for me. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back