What are your 'not drinking' excuses?

timtam

Reaction score
3 questions actually.....

Have a bit of a rep as a wino and am running out of excuses for not drinking and so far have been telling people:
1. Driving (true)
2. Hungover (true in feeling but without the alcohol)
3. Cystitis (downright lie and felt bad about that one...) :fib:
4. On antibiotics (can you class folic acid as one??!!)

What are yours?

Also wondered who you have told so far? (Am finding it increasingly difficult to keep it secret from some people. Have only told close family and 2 friends.)

Finally (sorry) - what did your doctors advise about drinking? Mine said 2 units/week...

Thanks!
TT

My excuses have just been

- Not much money
- Not in the mood
- Too tired
- Hungover

I haven't had any advice on how much to drink or anything because I'd rather not have any, it would only make me want to drink more :lol:

I'd have to make an excuse to drink, as i'm one of these rare people who don't.
As for who knows, both sets of parents and a couple of relatives.

I have only told a couple of close friends and my sis,as prone to miscarraiges so last thing i'd want to do is tell everyone n then something happen.Gonna wait till 3 month scan,then i know all is well.
I dont really go out much so dont really have to use any excuse not to drink,one other idea,is go to the bar to buy your own drink or a round and buy something non alcholic like orange juice or lemonade and just say it's vodka n lemonade or vodka n orange!

all family and friends know, so i dont have to make excuses!!! although i do wish the alcohol fulled nights out with friends

I always went for the old chestnut, tooth infection (wisdom teeth) and on antibiotics for it. No-one suspects a thing!

Ive used the antibiotics line but Im not a massive drinker anyway so its not that unusal for me to not drink.

As for who knows, our close family know and a couple of close friends. I have also told my direct work colleagues on the account of having to dash to the bathroom to vomit!

Im a huge massive drinker and also have the rep of being the party animal.

I told all people that my moods and craziness might affect lol.

So all my close buddies and family know all OH's family and my team at work. Everyone else can find out in week 12.

3 weeks 6 days to go lol xx

everyone knows now but the first week or summit I said I had the sickness and runs :lol: well I did have sickness :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back