Advice needed TTC after a miscarriage

Pudd1987

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I dont normally post on forums, but I'm in need of some advice. Me & my partner have been trying to conceive since January. I got pregnant in April, bit unfortunately lost the baby at 8 weeks. Since June my cycle has completely changed. I chart everything as we I have had issues with my periods previously. In my teens my doctors did tests and said i had pcos but when I had a scan they said one ovary was a different size to the other... I don't really have too many symptoms since I was on the pill for most of my 20's, that sorted my irregular cycles out. These days it's just acne when I'm about to get my period, then it never really heals in time for my next cycle so it's a constant battle.... Anyway my cycle was pretty regular at around 30days. My ovulation day varied slightly so we used opk tests to make sure. My period was pretty heavy and only had spotting towards the end when it was finishing, lasted 5 days. Since my miscarriage my cycle is very different. It's been coming a week early & when it does come it's very light & then goes heavy for 1 or 2 days. So it has either shortened to 24days & changed in flow too or I have had implantation bleeding every month that turns to a period. I had implantation bleeding for 2 to 3 days when I did conceive in april, so i know what it was like then.
When I checked my cycle again last month it seemed my luteal phase in July, Aug & Sept, were shorter, so i did a bit of research & started taking vitex. Now this cycle came a week early again & was very light pink / rusty spotting for 7 days then got a little tiny bit more but still only light but changed to bright red for the last 2 days. It's stopped this morning so the last 9 days I haven't had to use tampon or pad, Just a liner & it was only really there when I wiped. I did a test this morning which was negative. I seem to have other symptoms every month too but my other half seems to think I'm over thinking it

Should i stop the vitex? Another tips?

Are you spotting at all during the month. My periods changed after my first miscarriage, it's awhile so hard to remember but pretty sure I was getting more brown at the start. After 3 months I had another bit of leftover stuff from miscarriage come out, I was testing negative though. As soon as this came out I got pregnant straightaway.
Perhaps its worth a call to your doctors, not saying this is whats happened to you but best to be on the safe side. :)

Have you had a scan to check everything came out? I also had some retaining product of conception after a mmc with a d&c and had odd periods for about 11 weeks after the procedure. I even bled/spotted for 6 weeks, so was sure something was wrong. After 11 weeks the remaining placenta or whatever it was came out and I got pregnant again.
It takes time for your body to heal but if you get a fever, get your uterus checked out because it can mean you have something still stuck there.x

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I haven't had any other spotting in between my cycle. It just seems to come when implantation would happen. I had two scans when my miscarriagehappebed as I was away from home at the time. I did still have the baby inside with no heart beat. I was bleeding slot at first then it seemed to stop so I had the pessary to help things happen. About 4hrs later I passed tissue. I haven't had any scans since, as they just told me to take a test 3 was later & if it ws negative I should be fine....i suppose it's possible there's some left. I have been my go twice since & he seems to think it's just a matter of time. But they can't do any further teats until around 8 months after it happened.

It just really difficult to know what cycle length to go by now. & since taking the vitex my ovulation was a little later than expected this month too.

Do you think there's no point in testing again next week? I'm thinking the spotting for that long is not implantation and maybe my period is just weird this month.

I'm thinking maybe lower my dosage of vitex & see what happens.

The spotting probably wasn't implantation, it might just still be your body trying to clean everything out down there. It takes a while, and unless you get ill or a fever, you might just have to wait it out. I had tested on most days to see if the HCG would get out of my system but I had positives during 11 weeks. I did have a proper AF during which my body got rid of the retaining product.
Have you had a negative test?x

see I was testing negative and still some stuff left, so I wouldn't take the negative test as proof you're ok. You're more than likely fine but perhaps worth speaking to your doctor and see if they'll scan just to put your mind at ease.

I MC earlier this year then period cycle completely changed. It was stressing me out, so we just chilled out and just tried but in a more relaxed way and I fell pregnant again. Good luck but I do find stressing effects cycles

Yes i got a negative 3 to 4 weeks afterwards. I am trying to relax & not stress about it. Unfortunately It's easier said than done. My gp won't do any further tests until 8 months after, as i don't have a fever etc. Only time will tell I guess.
Thanks for your help x

It could be that your hormones are a bit out of whack following your miscarriage. I’ve had 3 chemicals now and ever since I’ve had a spotting issue. (See LTTc thread for details)
Accupuncture might help you or the latest thing I’m trying is a change of diet. I’m eating lots more protein, much less sugar and so far this month.... no spotting.
So sorry for your loss & I hope you get an answer. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back