Spotting after a m/c when period due

buddabun

Reaction score
Hi.

I miscarried at 4 weeks +3 just over 4 weeks ago. My cycle was very regular, exactly every 4 weeks (29 days actually) and, although I wasn't sure what would happen to my cycle as I haven't had a period since the miscarriage, this weekend I had some spotting. I have never spotted during a normal cycle (only once which I suspect was a chemical pregnancy as I was a day late but never tested).

Sorry if it's TMI but it was dark blood, like you get at the end of a period, and there wasn't even enough to stain my knickers (only noticed when I wiped). Sorry I know that's a bit grim but I am confused. It happened for the 2 days over the weekend when my period would have started. So if I was on a normal cycle I would be 3 days late but if I am taking the start of the m/c as the start of my last 'period' then I am due on today.

Now I have been pregnant before my body knows exactly what symptoms to try and trick me with so I am holding off doing a PT until I am more sure. I know pregnant people sometimes get spotting every month when their period should have been but can you get this after a m/c too?

Thanks again ladies, you are always good with the advice :)

really sorry to hear about your m/c. I can't help with the spotting but just wanted to give you a big hug :hug: and wish you all the best

thanks rose :)

well I took a PT and it gave a very VERY faint line, so much so that I thought it was an evap line and my eyes were playing tricks.

So I bought 40 quids worth of clearblue digital and took one. I am pregnant. And terrified as I was in this position last month and we lost the baby...

Try and stay positive hunny. I know its a really scary time. How are things going now?

things are fine. I am tired and slightly nauseous and trying desperately not to get my hopes up :?

hiya hun REMEMBER this pregnancy is totaly different to the last pregnancy, it's a new spermy and new eggie so a new ball game, the likelyhood of losing again is low (according to my docs :D) although i'd deffo get to the docs and let them know they might be able to help support you etc... are you taking folic acid? if not i would recomend you take to it asap :D congrats :cheer: :hug: :hug:

yup have been taking FA since February lol.

Is the chance low? I have read that having one m/c raises your chances of a second :? It's all so confusing. I am trying so hard not to worry. We are not going to the docs for at least another week as all they will do is do a probey scan thing which they won't see anything on cos it's too earl. So we'll worry that there' nothing there/ Plus the hospital is rancid. Seriously

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back