Advice needed...bleeding??

lsmith1984

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a little worried and looking for some advice...I started bleeding on Saturday night and it has not stopped yet. I was obviously concerned about this and called the NHS24 helpline on Saturday night, they advised that since I haven't had any other symptoms (e.g abdominal pain, clotting etc) then I should be ok. Thing is the bleeding is still there, it's like a light period, or the end of the period. Sorry if disgusting lol :?

I still haven't had my scan, had blood taken or even my blood pressure checked. I was advised at my anti-natal appointment that I would get my scan between 12-14 weeks and my midwife would visit me at the house a week prior to the scan.

Does this sound right? And should I question it? Who do I contact re the bleeding as I have not got a midwife as yet or no number's to call.

Please help as i'm stressing about this :cry:

Thanks.

Laura x

Hi,

The first advice from NHS is right,please don't panic, lots of women,including myself,twice, have bled during pregnancy.If you have no midwife yet ring your doctors, mine refered me for a scan.I bled for 4 days.

:hug:

Hey hunny, if your overly concerned why not phone the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (EPAU) at your local hospital and they will arrange for a scan to chcek everything is ok wtih you bleeding.

i had bleeding early on in pregnancy, but it is reassuring to see the abby on screen and realise that there is nothing wrong with buba

hope this helps xx

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I am just extremely worried as this is my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect.

Shall I call my doctor's surgery tomorrow and ask to speak to a doctor/midwife?

Thanks again. I just wish it would stop :cry:

Laura xx

Hi lozzijane,

Thanks also for the reply. I tried to call the early pregnancy unit at the hospital I am supposed to have baby at and it just rang out. Shall I keep trying, I don't want to bother them if they are busy.

Just need re-assurance I suppose. Thanks again.

Laura xx

what time did u ring them?

when i had problems "out of hours" like after 5 then it wud get transferred to the midwife unit, and they had a diary and they booked appointments from there....

I truely understand how you feel,my bleed was from the middle of last week.

From what you have described mine was exactly the same. I know it works different in different areas but i got an instant referal from my doctor to Womens health who do scans where i am.

If you can't get your EPU then tell the doctors receptionist why your ringing they should sort you out ASAP.

I tried to call about 45mins ago, think i'll try again.

I just feel like a pest because the NHS24 told me on Sat it all sounded ok but coz bleeding hasn't stopped getting really worried.

Laura xx

Thank you to both who have given advice, big hugs :hug:

I will keep you informed, hope all is ok.

Laura xx

Ring them first thing in the morning hun, there usually open like a hospital clinic if u know what i mean so like 9-5

make sure u let us kno the outcome hunny xx

Hi

Just read you message. I had similar and it did not effect the pregnancy but you shouldnt be stressed so GO TO THE DOCTORS!!! Do not feel like a pest just go there and tell them your concerned. Nice people tend not to bother doctors, emergency services for these resons whilst others take advantage and call them for everything. You have cause to ask for their attention. If you go to the docs he can call the EPU and will probably send you down there straight away for a scan. I am sure all will be ok but you need to just do it.

Let us know how it goes and try and stay calm

Sarah

Hello,

Just to let you know still bleeding today, it isn't to heavy though, has stayed the same, like end of period. But now got cramp, may be looking into things to much.

Anyway, I phoned the Early Pregnancy Unit this morning and I have a scan booked for 2.15pm this afternoon.

Please keep everything crossed for me :?

I will let you know the outcome.

Laura xx

So glad you got in for a scan, post us a pic later :D

Take it easy.

Debs

good luck for the scan....hope everything goes well

good luck for your scan later hunny, i wont be on till late, but ill be thinking about you this afternooon adn ill come check whats happened tonight when i get back. Take care and try not to worry, and remember to hav a full bladder! xx

good luck with everything hunny i had 5 lots of bleeding through my pregnancy and now ive got a beautiful lil girl

i will keep my fingers crossed for you hunny xxxx

good luck! Have everything crossed for you though I'm sure all will be ok.

Let us know how it goes x :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back