Jasper has constipation :(

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
Poor little love, its from the infant gaviscon that the doctor prescribed for reflux, am going to talk to her on Friday but i think we will end up giving him the infant gaviscon for his evening and morning feed and leave it the rest of the time - so that his little wee digestive system has a chance :(

I feel so bad because its like he cant handle my milk without the gaviscon but he cant poo with the gaviscon - poor love

we were up all night with him in the sling just relaxing him and trying to get the poo out - didnt happen but i am sure we will have an explosion today

my poor wee man! :( :(

Poor jasper! :( They get so grouchy (as you would!) when theyre constipated.

Paige didnt poo for a day and a half, which isn't long really, but shes usually more regular and she was soo uncomfortable! Eventually she did about 3 poos in an hour.

Hope he feels better soon :)

Have you tried pure orange juice with a little water? liv went like 3 days without a poo and i gave her some and it shifted it within a couple of hours x

yeah 1 parts orange to 10 parts water... we didnt give him much though - how much did you give?

I would say try a tiny bit of warm water but jasper is on purely breast milk isnt he? Not sure what they say on giving them water when on breast milk. But I swear if its to help get the baby to poop it should be fine. It was the midwife who told me about giving Paige some warm water.

Poor jasper!! 5 days is such a long time bless him.

i put 2oz of juice to 3oz of water you ahev to make it pretty strong for it to kick in xx

Try bathing him so hes relaxed then "start at the belly button and then massage outwards in circles in a clockwise direction. Some oil or cream on your fingers can also help. Only continue if your baby enjoys the massage and is comfortable and relaxed"

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/babyconstipation.htm

I used to do this alot with my first and found it worked also try brown sugared water that worked wonders too

thank you, i have been doing bits of baby massage on him to help him, and letting him brace on me to try and push his poo out the poor love :(

Yesterday though we had a hard poo and then this morning a full blown poo explosion!

So i reckon we have shifted it, the poor love! xxx

Isnt it sad when were excited about bodily functions.

Everytime I wind Paige we all cheer when she burps :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back