• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Adoption.....

BabyLover

Reaction score
Hey Ladies

I am now a married woman whoooo! Got married last Saturday and it was the hottest day ever I was well hot lol

Now our wedding is over, we have both been talking and we are desperate to have children, so we have officially started Adoption. We have sent the forms off and due to go to a meeting with a social worker soon (Just awaiting a date) We don't want to put ourselves down the route of IVF even when I do lose the weight, because of the heartache and pain you experience, so our joint decision is final.

We have gone with a local adoption agency in our area and can't wait to get the ball rolling...

Just thought I would update everyone on our situation

Donna xx

:)

Thats good news. One of my work friends has just adopted a 7 month old and just to see the absolute joy she has brought to their lives makes you want to cry!! Good luck and i hope it all goes well for you xxx

Awww thanks hunni.....

We are prepared to go through the long process adoption takes, so all is good

Donna xx

What an amazing decision donna, wishing you both the very best. Looking forward to hearing all about your wedding! :) xx

What amazing news honey :)

I think thats a bigger decision to make than trying for a baby, your a tough cookie :)

Its a warming thought just knowing the happines they will bring you and how you will provide them with such an amazing life xxxx

glad you had a lovely wedding! i hope the adoption process goes well for you. one of my close friends recently adopted a little boy, they fostered him from 10 days old. the joy he has bought to there lives is amazing xx

Congratulations Donna! So glad your wedding went well! Its also amazing that you and your hubby have made this decision! I wish you all the luck ! Xxxx

Hiya Donna :)

Congratulations again on the wedding :good:

I totally respect your decision but I would be cautious of thinking adoption of just being a long process and IVF being the source of the heartache.

My friend who was a social worker stressed to me just how much heartache is involved in adoption when i mentioned it to her to try and get some advice.

Many have disabilities, many have emotional issues, many will not take kindly to the people standing between them and their biological family, many parents will still have visitation rights even though they have been horrible to the children, then there is the biological grandparents who have done nothing wrong and other siblings to consider.

Plus the parents seem to have the right to change their mind right at the last minute and foster carers may also decide to attempt to adopt at the last minute.

I was reading a story yesterday about a women who successfully adopted a child but gave him back because she only realised once she had him that she couldn't deal with him not being biologically hers.

Just go into it with your eyes wide open :)

I was trying to look into my local orphanages and looking at the "children awaiting adoption" pages and omg there are some sweet sounding kids :love:

Best of luck to you xx

Firstly congratulations on the wedding, wishing you many years of happiness together x

Whichever decision you take, whether it be IVF or adoption, both will be long processes. No doubt you've spent ages weighing up the options of both and adoption is an amazing decision. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you find your perfect match very soon. Keep us updated

xx

There is to many children in this world living in children's homes and without parents. To take one of these children to your heart and home is a great and amazing thing. The adoption process is hard and long and I do understand they have to make sure everything is good but its so many that want children and there is so many children!
I think the above coment is about children in the UK?
There is millions of children around the world that need a loving home. They live in children's home with a minimal chance of adoption, and at a surtain age they get thrown out on the street. They have a bigger need then children in the UK that often are in a foster family (all deserve a home I'm just saying there is more children then in the UK)

Adoption is one of the most unselfish things you can do and I'm sure you will be a fantastic mum and I admire you.

Congrats on the wedding - you picked a smashing day - was expecting an autumn wedding and ended up with a indian summer wedding with the hottest day of the year!!! :)

Adoption is a wonderful thing I wish you all the best!! Well be here to help where we can when the process gets hard :)
:yay: :love: for you guys :love: :yay:

That's amazing news.

My little sister is adopted so feel free to pm me if you have any questions or concerns.

I was 15 at the time so was fully aware of what was happening.

Good luck xxx

Thank you everyone for your comments.

We know what to except, especially with children in the care sector with majority of them having disabilities and emotional problems, so we are prepared for this. I have already spoken to my auntie who has adopted 2 children and she said they same as everyone else the adoption process is hard emotionally and a long process, but there is loads of support for adopter's and if you have the willingness and support then you will be okay.

We have each other, family, friends and loads of other support and we are ready within ourselves. We know that Adoption process is just has emotionally straining as IVF would be, but if we can give a home to a child that needs it the most then that's what matters.

Thanks for the wedding wishes, we had a fab time and I was hot in my dress, it was unbelievable! But everything went to plan and ran smoothly and it was the best day of our live's!

Thanks for all the advice

Donna xx

You are going to be a great mum no matter what age, country or nationality your little one ends up being, it will have so much love in its life xxxxx

aww thanks Vicky, that's bought a tear to my eye...

Donna xx

BabyLover, good luck with adoption and do please share your journey with us

Congratulations on the wedding! :yay:

I wish you all the best with the adoption, it's something DH and I have talked about too just in case things don't work out for us.

I know the process can be really long but I hope it goes quickly for you! :love:

x x

Huge congrats on your wedding babylover!

What amazing news you are going to adopt too! Wishing you all the luck in the world! You will be fab parents.

Xxx

Hi Donna,

Massive congrats on the wedding! And great news that you have made a decision and clearly you are very happy with it. I hope the process all goes well for you both. My hubby and I will also go down the same route if it turns out we can't have children of our own naturally too. Its something I've always thought about.

Good luck, and pleeease keep us posted on your journey.

Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone....

Had a phone call today just to keep us updated, we are still awaiting for our appointment.

Donna x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back