Any one thinking of Adoption or a surrogate mother

Waiting4amiracle

Reaction score
Some of us have decided to go down the adoption or surrogate mother path
I have decided that if my icsi is bfn :pray: i get a bfp then me and dh are thinking of going down
the adoption path we have both had a real good talk about this and even had a social worker
call out to our home from one of the adoption agencys and we start our training for adoption
in june 2009.. This was somthing we have been thinking about for a few years now because of my losses
and having no explanation to my losses we thought this was the best thing so that we can be parents
and give a child a lot of love that we have to give to a child that needs it

We have asked for a baby no older than 18mths and the adoption agency said we will not get a new born but we can get a baby that is round 6mths old

Since speaking to the social worker i find out the causes to my losses and decided to give the icsi
one last go if this does not work then we will go a head with adoption and who knows later in life
i may get pregnant natural like i did in jan just gone and go on to have our own child as well as have a
adopted child :D

We will start the training next year in june and then it takes 8mths to see if we will be excepted on to
the adoption panel and then we will have to wait to be matched with a child that cna take 2mths 6mths even 2 yrs and longer its a long wait

Has any one elsa decided to go down this path or already have a adopted child ??
karen xxx

hi hun, Im on the oppisite end of the scale, Im a mum whos son was adopted, I think for you to even think about adopting is a great decsion,
My sons new mummy and daddy couldnt have their own child, they had tried IVF and other treatments but to no luck so chose the adoption path, it took them 4 yrs to get a child but they got one, I met with them and am in 6monthly contact wit them which is why I know about the past as they explained it to me!
Its not an easy path but its a very rewarding one at the end, I wish you the very best of luck, and if the meantime I hope you get a sticky bfp

xxxxx

Hi Waiting,

I'm not, but I wanted to wish you the BEST of luck and love. I think you're doing an amazing thing and are being very mature in your outlook, it must be very tempting to think, why me? But to come from a very sad history and turn it into something positive, takes a great deal of inner strength and I really admire you and your OH.

Obviously I hope that your ICSI (hope I got that right) is successful, but if not or if you plan to still adopt or use a surrogate in the future, then good luck and I wish you all the happiness in the world.

Valentine Xxx

my OH and i have talked about what would happen if i cant fall. we were talking about surrogacy and my best friend has offered. she already has kids so she knows what shes letting herself in for. i want to try myself and we have given me 5 years from now to concieve. i would want the surrogate mother to be someone we are close to otherswise i wouldnt feel involved and like someone was taking my role, if you know what i mean

Thanks girls for all your support big :hug: to each one of you who posted on here :D
it means a lot to me to :hug: xxxxx

suzie1011 said:
my OH and i have talked about what would happen if i cant fall. we were talking about surrogacy and my best friend has offered. she already has kids so she knows what shes letting herself in for. i want to try myself and we have given me 5 years from now to concieve. i would want the surrogate mother to be someone we are close to otherswise i wouldnt feel involved and like someone was taking my role, if you know what i mean

Hi Hun Thats really lovely amazing that your friend has offered to be a surrogate mother for you
you have a really good friend in the mean time i hope you get that BFP :hug:
I am going through icsi/ivf at the moment and hoping to get that bfp very soon :pray: praying for us both
hun :hug:

thank you waiting4amiricle. she is a really good friend and i honestly dont know how to thank her enough. thanks for your support. i hope you get your BFP soon too honey. sending you babydust! :hug: and hope you get your miricle very soon :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back