Acupuncture?

I had my 3rd accupucture session today and im really enjoying them. I just wish I could keep the magnets in my ears longer. Last time I only kept them in a few hours as one was hurting, so I took them all out as it was making me a bit queezy. He said that if they ache its a good sign they are working, so ill try harder to not take them out so quickly :).The points he puts them on relate to kidney function, womb hormones and circulation.i can stimulate the points myself by rubbing the magnets. He also keeps saying that hot water bottle on ur tummy really helps, I think I remember maybe baby saying she used a hot water bottle, its just been too humid and warm for me to do it. Another bit advice he gave me today was to dtd every 3 days. We've always tried every other, so will see if every 3 days works ;-) I guess it will be less tiring than every other:). Hows everyone else getting on/feeling about their sessions?

Last edited:
I've got another session booked for next week, he recommended it after AF but before ovulation. I'm looking forward to it especially as I know what to expect now! ;)

Had my 4th session today. I go down to once a week now. He put the needles in slightly different places this time. A couple were a bit uncomfortable, cant say painful. When he took one of the needles out on the inside of my leg near my ankle, he kept putting pressure on it with his thumb, which blimmin hurt!, I could have punched him actually. All in all I must say this session wasn't the most enjoyable one ive had and didn't feel as relaxed. He said after 2 weeks the treatment isn't as intense and is a lot milder. I hope next time is better as was really enjoying the feeling of deep relaxation, it laststed for a few days.

I have my first apt booked for Friday, not sure what to expect, and not convinced it will do anything, but willing to give it a try

I had my second appointment yesteday and it timed perfectly for my ovulation day! She mainly focused on supporting my kidneys and lungs to aid reproductive health, last week was a one off treatment targeted around my c-section scar. I found it really relaxing and i slept very heavily last night, next weeks appointment will time nicely for implantation if there is something there to implant...if nothing else its making me feel more positive which is a good thing xx

I had my final accupucture appointment today fo my cycle. So all I need to do is wait. I feel relaxed after today's session but have been getting AF symptoms so I think im out. I have been having a bit of brown discharge/ brown watery blood when I wipe and light cramps on & off, so the witch is obviously on her way. Could be here any time this week, im day 31 today and can be anything up to 36. If the witch does rear her ugly head, he said to phone him to book on and start next course of treatment but im not sure whether to continue.
Hows everyone else getting on?

Last edited:
I've read this thread with interest as I'm having my first acupuncture session tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes xx

I have loved it but since we found out my DH has a sperm problem no amount of acupuncture on me is going to help with getting pregnant, I am however working on my DH having it!! Xx

My AF came 4 days early after my last acupuncture so I'm annoyed! Its probably nothing to do with that though!

Im out, AF has arrived and its not fun in this heat! I must admit though my cramps arent as bad as they normally are, I am normally doubled up in pain and im not so it must have done something xx

Does it count if you are just trying to conceive & not actually pregnant?

Does it count if you are just trying to conceive & not actually pregnant?

Yes, it actually can boost your fertility rate. I've read that it is good for both the husband and wife or if you are undergoing IVF or insemination then this could be a treatment done a few months before. It's natural so I would say it would hurt to try. Here's a website if you want to read on some more about acupuncture ---> http://www.bestwaytogetpregnant.net/acupuncture-treatment-male-female-infertility/

I meant for your dissertation! I did have acupuncture for my 2nd go of IVF but didn't like it. It did help with my needle phobia though and I had some nice chats with the acupuncturist! I also liked the Moxa they burned there! He didn't really understand my situation though and thought I should get pregnant as there was nothing wrong. Then after the transfer he assumed I was pregnant! It was frustrating.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back