acupuncture annoyance....

JPS

Reaction score
Went to a place in Ealing today to get an acupuncture consultation as I have read that it can be very helpful for fertility, normalising cycles etc. The brochure said free consultation. So I booked the free consultation and was then told I would need to pay a £10 registration fee. Paid it and had my consultation. I then had to reexplain everything I had written down as he didn't know what 'menstruation' is etc.

He took my pulse with his fingers and said I am very slow. He then asked if I had had regular cycles in the past and I explained that I have been on depo on and off since the age of 16/17 so can't really tell as only started periods from when I was 15.

From that he told me I definitely have a problem with my ovaries and will need acupuncture, cupping, light therapy and herbs to assist. So instead of £25/session (I will need 1-2) for just acupuncture it will be £60 plus £5 a day for a herbs (ie £155 week rather than £25-£50 depending on if I have 1 or 2 sessions).

I asked if I could just have acupuncture and he said you can but it is "like starting a car without putting fuel in it"....

I left feeling down now that I "definitely have a problem with my ovaries", ripped off and said that I will think about it as I just wanted acupuncture but don't think it is even worth that if it is "like starting a car without putting fuel in it"

I thought the place would be good as it is a chain that has many branches around London: China Healthcare.

Has anyone had any acupuncture success? Did you need to have the other therapies with it? Can anyone recommend an acupuncturist in West London?

I have had accupuncture in the past and found it absolutely fantastic (it can hurt like hell, so be warned).

I started having it about 6 months before my wedding back in 06 as I suffered from such bad hayfever and allergies - it really made a difference, and I would recommend it.

However I used a private accupuncturist who worked in a small Natural Health clinic and not someone from a chain (I much prefer smaller, private clinics, to large commercial chains in everything I buy).

If the clinic offered a free consultation, then a free consultation is what you should have had.........grrrrrrrrr they definitely sound like cowboys!

Have a look on the following site:

http://www.acupuncture.org.uk/content/P ... ition.html

Good luck

I have had acupuncture a few times when I had knee problems, it definitely worked, like you I went to a chain company first and felt utterly ripped off, they also made me try and drink this vile tea which tasted like bark and made me :puke: :puke: lots, so I went to a private practitioner and he was sooo much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back