Achey and grumpy!

PeaPod

Reaction score
Over the past day or so I've started to get more stretching pain and feel like my bump is huge (getting fed up of people asking if its twins!). Today at work I can feel nerves being trapped and I ache all around my middle, in my hips back and thighs and shooting pains down my legs! I thought 'its okay though' as OH was finishing early today so would have sorted stuff out at home. I was also meant to be going out on a work do tonight but realised it didnt start til 7:30pm , not 17:30 and I had couldnt bear with waiting around for 2 and a half hours. I did text my OH to tell him at 2:45 that I would be home early and hope he had something nice planned for dinner.

My hubby was meant to finish work at 2, get some shopping on the way home and walk the dog and cook dinner before I got back at 6ish. Instead I got home and he was still at bloody work so I called him up in a shitty and told him he had to get home to sort the dog out!

Im just fed up of him saying he'll be home at a specific time and then not being here. He was away Tues/ Wed night so I've been on a my own and for once I would just like to start the weekend as he tells me it's going to be rather than always being pissed off that he's not home!

Anyway, he's got home, I've moaned at him, told him just to get out with the dog and then cook dinner. I told him the pain im in and he said 'well can you sort out dinner?!' No I F'ing can't, I can barely stand for a minute let alone stand at the oven and cook!

How can I get i through to him that with 18 weeks to go and then a baby here I need a bit more support. I can accept that he has to work long hours and away(which is every week at the moment) but if he says he's going to be home and the reliases he'll be more than an hour late, he should let me know. (also he never checks his phone at work so only read my text when I called! Ive tried to explain to him that I need to be able to contact him, what if I need him for something serious! Grr!)

Anyway rant over!Am I being unreasonable?

Last edited:
Nah lovey you're no being unreasonable, a bit of common courtesy would be nice and considering you're in the family way he should make his phone accessible.

I'm also suffering with all the aches and pains you have, I got stuck on my bed today and it took my hubby almost 10 minutes to get me up as my back locked. Not much fun. I'm having physio tomorrow, is physio something you could look into? Mine works a treat for a week or two.

Have a good chat with him and explain you're upset and why. Don't worry about your grumpy moods it's the law when you're pregnant.xxx

You're not being unreasonable at all! I think it's a man thing.. maybe he finds it hard to put himself in your shoes. Perhaps you could treat yourself to a nice meal out and try to talk about it?
My husband is similar, never seem to be able to get hold of him when I need to! He would never let me know he was going to be late but if I'm late I get 500 text messages and missed calls wanting to know if i'm ok. :eh:

He's gotten a bit better since I had a shout about it and while he was away with work last the results for our downs screening arrived, he got very upset that he forgot to look at his phone when i'd been calling to let him know and I think that's made him think a bit!

Aww love :( men.....I know where ur coming from. They just don't think. It's simple as that. Mine is a. I key too but if i don't answer phone straight away or arrive at specified time it's a huff for a bit! Let yourself calm down and I'm sure he'll be sorry. Get yourself away for an early night. These dam hormones are unreal, I know that too. Everything seems 20 times worse when pregnant. I would never have believed I could feel and react the way I do some times. Growing a mini me is hard work.....daddy's bet the best bit. We do all the hard work and they get the rewards.

It's not fair. Good luck and hope ur aching goes soon. U really ain't having much luck are ya. Sending lots of love xxxxxxxxx

Hun I don't think you're being unreasonable and even if you were, he will just have to understand you are going through a lot at the moment physically and emotionally. You need his support now more than ever so the earlier he realises this the better. My OH can still be selfish at times but I make him see the error of his ways even when I am in the wrong lol hope you are feeling better now xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back