Anyone else feel really....clingy?

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
The past few weeks I have felt really clingy with my husband and insecure. I feel like I want to be with my husband 24/7 and feel like if I'm not with him I get all emotional!

I get that feeling emotional is part of pregnancy but the clinginess? The other night I rang him as I left work and he didn't answer after I rang a few times. By the time I got home I was in hysterics, sobbing as I thought something had happened to him (he was at home!)

I even asked him the other day, whilst crying (again) if he was going to leave me! Bearing in mind we have a VERY stable relationship and have never even had so much as a rocky patch in 7 years so I know it was completely irrational!

Basically, I feel pathetic!

Anyone else feel like this?

x

I've been very clingy to hubby. I think it's the hormones lol xx

I follow my hubby round all the time when he's home even when he's in the shower I will go and sit talking to him! It's strange isn't it! Xx

Yes yes YES! I am the same. My OH finds it irritating. I was the same when pregnant with my son, soon as I had him though I went back to normal. I can't sleep if OH isn't there, he gets really annoyed at this coz normally he would stay up loads later than me but is finding he has to come to bed early or ijust hover around til he comes to bed lol I get really anxious if he's not there and I cna't explain why. I dno't like it, it irritates me too, but I try to explain to him he knows it's only temporary and soon as baby is here things will be normal again.

Freaking hormones :wall2:

I feel exactly the same! And coupled with the whole 'feeling fat', spotty face, dry skin, crappy hair, potential stretchmarks and changes to 'down there', aand the grumpiness, I keep feeling like he's gonna run off with a newer better model! My oh keeps telling me that I'm beautiful and all that, but it doesn't take the feeling away really. And it's making me stupidly clingy! So I definately hear where ur coming from! Feel sorry for the guys having to put up with our hormonal crap lol

Yep, I hate being away from hubby, I have just had a week off whilst he has had to work as he had a new job and I hated it, I really looked forward to picking him up giving him a HUGE squdge and kiss and saying hello :)

I keep asking if he is going to leave me I have no idea where this paranoia has come from we are as strong as we have ever been if not stronger because of baby.

It's weird and it seems totally normal lol xxx

I feel exactly the same! And coupled with the whole 'feeling fat', spotty face, dry skin, crappy hair, potential stretchmarks and changes to 'down there', aand the grumpiness, I keep feeling like he's gonna run off with a newer better model! My oh keeps telling me that I'm beautiful and all that, but it doesn't take the feeling away really. And it's making me stupidly clingy! So I definately hear where ur coming from! Feel sorry for the guys having to put up with our hormonal crap lol

This ^^ xx

Ditto what you've all said :)
He gets annoyed that everytime he gets up I ask where he is going, I've found myself holding on to him, fingers throught those belt loops in his trousers when we are just hugging on sofa Haha! X

YES!! The other night my OH walked my friend home as it was late and he didn't want her going alone. I got in the bath while he was out and when he was a bit longer than I expected I started to panic!! Had images of him beaten up in the gutter! By the time he got home I was sat there in the bath a blubbering wreck. Ha ha. Felt like such a wally...he just stopped to talk to her husband for 10 minutes. Glad it's not just me. I can't bear being without him at the minute!

Phew! Looks like I'm not the only pathetic paranoid mess then!

Maybe it's partly because we are all so happy, with babies on the way and lovely husbands/boyfriends so it makes us more worried about losing them. I'm not sure but at least I know it's pretty normal!

Thanks ladies :) I'm off to go and hover whilst my hubby washes the car! Lol xx

Omg thank Christ for this thread!
I have felt overly clingy lately. I used to get like this while on my period strangely.

But I keep imagining something or someone is going to ruin our happiness!
He went out with his friends the other night and hadn't txt me in a couple of hours and I was pulling my hair out! I hated the fact that he was out without me even though I didn't wana go out.

I feel that I'm really getting on his nerves, but I don't care lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

The past few weeks I have felt really clingy with my husband and insecure. I feel like I want to be with my husband 24/7 and feel like if I'm not with him I get all emotional!

I get that feeling emotional is part of pregnancy but the clinginess? The other night I rang him as I left work and he didn't answer after I rang a few times. By the time I got home I was in hysterics, sobbing as I thought something had happened to him (he was at home!)

I even asked him the other day, whilst crying (again) if he was going to leave me! Bearing in mind we have a VERY stable relationship and have never even had so much as a rocky patch in 7 years so I know it was completely irrational!

Basically, I feel pathetic!

Anyone else feel like this?

x

Hope you don't mind but I just showed this post to my hubby!! I said "does that remind you of yesterday?!!" - we had taken separate cars to meet for lunch, and he needed to go to comet on the way home. However an hour later he wasn't back yet, and I phoned and phoned and texted three times saying I was really worried something had happened. I was starting to get all panicky when he came home and said he had just popped in to see his Gran to see how she was! His phone was on silent, never even occurred to me!!

I feel so irrational all the time, and I get that it's the hormones, but it must drive our men up the wall!! xx

LOL! this is me all over, yesterday hubby stopped in front of the post office whilst I ran in, well waddled in to post a letter, I took longer than expected and hubby had to move the car because a PCSO asked him to.... I came out and he wasnt there, my phone was in my bag alongside the house keys.... After ten minutes of waiting for him I panicked the most outrageous things ran through my mind like a car jacking or him leaving me for good.... So I started walking around the corner stomping my way back home tears steaming down my face and hubby was sitting there in the car waiting for me, waving and smiling.... I didn't get in!! I walked off, crying some more, angry that he hadn't come to get me.... This is one of many clingy episodes.

I am getting to the point where I am annoying myself because I want him involved anything and everything I do....xx

Last edited:
aaaah im so glad someone posted this!!!! ive been feeling like a right freak haha! but its good to know that im not alone!!
i literally follow euan everywhere!!!! im constantly sitting on his knee just to get as close as i possibly can.. he doesnt like this when hes trying to play guitar though =P haha.
and if he goes in the shower i get upset and feel lonely.
hes at uni and has alot of work due in... so now i join him in the library (im here right now, but in my defense we dont have the internet in our house yet cause we've not long moved in.. so i could use that as my excuse! but really i just miss him when he leaves the house!
ive even taken to asking him whos texting everytime his phone goes off!

think it must be cause our bodies are changing and we're scared our otherhalfs will be put off or something..
luckily i have one of the good ones, yup, hes a trooper!!! x

Aw karate your so cute! I can imagine I would be the same!

how odd lol ive been the same. me and my partner split but since the first tri has dissappeared - all the gripes we had have gone so weve worked things out and alls good! and i want to seee him allllll the time lol x

i dont feel clingy yet but i do fear that i'm unattractive and "feeling fat" and spotty and greasey haired and potential stretchmarks oh and the fact that my body and bits ill probably no doubt ever be the same again!

I'm so glad you posted this!! I have just had a weekend of tears - I thought I was losing the plot to be honest!! Totally irrational thoughts about my lovely husband - accused him of wanting to be with his mates instead of me, not finding me attractive any more etc etc!! Even went so far of accusing him of sleeping too much would you believe!! Poor chap, none of its true I think I just needed reassurance and a hug! Glad i'm not the only one! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back