how long after you lost your plug did labour start?

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
ok.. so after my car accident on sat night, i was monitored in hosptial and junior decided so show off and i was having contractions, and hes not 2/5ths engaged, from "free on fri"

all weekend been having period pains and lower bk ache.. last night i had a bloody discharge.. sorry TMI. and this morning i've just lost part of my plug.. was def plus was HORRIBLE...

i know its impossible to say, but how long did you wait until labour started? xx

I lost mine 45 mins after contractions started. Baby arrived 1hr 45mins later.

LisaJ1986 said:
I lost mine 45 mins after contractions started. Baby arrived 1hr 45mins later.

oh ek... hoping my LO will hold on bit longer hehe i'm not ready ek xx

Lol. I was overdue though. And i had absolutely no symptoms whatsoever before hand. Everything happened at once. It can be days before anything happens.

i'm hoping it'll be few weeks... ek lol..

i'm really not ready, altho i shud be.. after car crash on sat i feel soo disorganised, no car, alot of stuff i've bought is in bk of car, but i cant get to car to get it out lol.. :(

i'll let you know how things go... xx

Aww i hope baby's psychic and holds on a bit longer for you.

hehe i hope so :)

just arranged to pick stuff up from car so will feel better when got all his stuff bk, just nappies and lots of lil bits we need i bought lol xx

Having my show was the very first sign of labour for me with both my babies. With the first, I lost my plug at about 11pm on saturday night and went into labour within a couple of hours, then he was born at lunchtime on sunday. With my second I had a show on tuesday at about lunchtime, went into labour at 7pm and she was born 3 hours later.

Sounds like things could be moving for you hun, have been following your posts since the crash. Sounds like the bump might have kicked things into gear for you, but you are full term now so really nothing to worry about. But then you can lose your plug weeks before going into labour so its all a guessing game really. Good luck hun, hope things go smoothly for you whatever happens x :hug:

posted in tri3 thread too I lost my plug at 36 weeks but ended up being indcued at 40+2

em during labour, about half an hour before he arrived :lol:

Once you lose your plug, I believe it can take upto 48 hours before labour starts. I know when I lost my plug, it didn't start for a couple of days.

wmakara said:
Once you lose your plug, I believe it can take upto 48 hours before labour starts. I know when I lost my plug, it didn't start for a couple of days.

i think i had a "bloody show" and am still loosng bits of plug/maybe just discharge:( xx

Just after waters went, baby arrived 5 hours later.

I lost my clear jelly plug thingy 2 days before I was induced and had my bloody show whilst in the full throes of labour!

i never lost my plug :?

I was induced at 42 weeks.

Hope its soon for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111