accidentally ate brie :-\

GBLiz

Reaction score
hi , yesterday i hadnt eaten anything all day i was too nervous and excited about scans and houses and everything and i had pregnancy-brain when i went into a service station i grabbed the first thing i saw- a brie and tomato baguette- then half way through realised it was brie!!!

been panicking a bit now, hope everything will be ok, ive looked it up and the danger is if you get a listeria infection which you can be more prone to with a low pregnancy immune system.

im thinking i'll be ok though because my immune system is firing on all cylinders- everyone around me is ill with colds and i'm fine......fingers crossed..im so stupid :?

i wouldnt worry- have you ever had a listeria infection from eating brie before- no, so you almost def wont get one now. They only rule out these foods to be extra cautious and obviously we should try to stick to them but everyone slips up. Dont worry!

You will be fine hunni, there quite a few of us that seem to have an addiction to it, i know i eat it most days with bacon in a crusty roll hmmmmmmmm

most brie u can buy in shops is pasturised these days so means there is alot less risk

I wouldn't think twice about it TBH, I try and avoid stuff like that if I can but sometimes I've had the odd packet salads and stuff, the chances of you getting ill are very remote.

I always think you can get food poisoning from loads of stuff anyway, not just soft cheese and eggs etc.

Urchin said:
I wouldn't think twice about it TBH, I try and avoid stuff like that if I can but sometimes I've had the odd packet salads and stuff, the chances of you getting ill are very remote.

I always think you can get food poisoning from loads of stuff anyway, not just soft cheese and eggs etc.

I can't remember who, but there was one person on 2nd tri recently who got food poisoning from rice from the Chinese because it was reheated... So as Urchin said you can get food poisoning from anything...

Personally I have only ever heard of one person in my life get listeria from eating cheese and that was my sister... but she has an immune deficiency which is quite severe and has to take antibiotics for the rest of her life. So I don't think you need to worry too much about these things hun.

After all I asked my midwife if I could eat brie and she said cheese was good for me... and that's just because I live in a different country... :think: I don't think pregnancy changes from country to country... :)

ive sneaked prawns , cold salmon , runny eggs and a mcfluffy lol i wouldnt feel too guilty :hug:

Oh yeah I've had mcdonald's milkshakes, runny eggs, prawns, snickers (although they say you can have peanuts now)

This is like Alcoholics Anonymous :lol:

yeh , like what have u eaten today u shouldnt ! huh huh !

mmmm runny eggs and mcdonals milkshakes :cheer:

Sorry if i am being a bit thick but why shouldnt we be having mcdonalds milkshakes.

I have just got myself in a panic because we have just added a new snake to our collection and I just had a little hold of her.

But now i'm worried because of the salmonella risk associated with reptiles.

Although I have washed my hands with anti bacterial hand wash and rubbed on some of the anti bac gel they use in hosps i'm still panicking!

charlie84 said:
Sorry if i am being a bit thick but why shouldnt we be having mcdonalds milkshakes.

same with mcflurry or mr whippy icecream , cos its sat there and churned over n over they say it carries a higher risk of bacteria !

dunno if its also to do with the cream that make it with ?

G3M said:
charlie84 said:

same with mcflurry or mr whippy icecream , cos its sat there and churned over n over they say it carries a higher risk of bacteria !

Oh feck!!! I had a McFlurry yesterday as well :wall:

yep the mcflurry certainly hit the spot on one of them hot summer days we had in erm sept :rotfl:

I didnt know bout mcd's milkshakes but really cant see em doing any harm!! Had a mcdonalds milkshake yesterday :lol:

Also been eating runny eggs now and again & peanuts, think they are all a bit too over cautious as I have never had food poisioning from a runny egg b4 lmao

apparently there are raw eggs in the mcdonalds milkshakes, thats what the people who work in there say??

G3M said:
charlie84 said:

I see. Oh well i have had a couple of milkshakes and mcflurrys.

And now i want one, sod it i think i might run out and get a mcflurry now :roll:

I was making my boys poached egg on toast this morning and wishing I could have a nice runny egg. I stood reading the egg carton (sad I know) but it said all eggs marked with the lion mark had nutritionally superior diets and had been vaccinated against salmonella. Guess what, I had a runny egg quick sharp and thoroughly enjoyed it...guilt free!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back