about after the birth...

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
ok.. been there done it but just wanted to know if any other mums experienced this.

after the birth i couldnt walk for 24hours (is this normal?) (i had to be wheeled to the toilet etc) when i tried to walk i would either faint or just be in so much pain i would try to go onto the floor.

2ndly - did down below have a weird smell for a week or so. i cant describe it - abit hospital like smell but abit horrid as well?

3rdly - did you have a very VERY hard time trying to pee for about 2-3 weeks after? really painful? (made you try and put off going the loo all the time and when you did it would take like 20 mins to piss?)

4thly - kinda the same as the above with bowl movements? - but took longer then 3 weeks to get back to normal?

i just found all the above very unexpected and hard to deal with after just giving birth.. and i worry ill be the same with the next.. - it was an awfull couple of weeks.

Normal is kind of strange though - everyone reacts differently.

My legs were weak for about 18 hrs after and I had to have a wheelchair.

the smell - yes - you described it perfectly

I had no problems peeing but it took weeks for bowel movements to be comfortable - I could go but it was painful at first then kind of like being scratched - not agony but not normal

hope this reassures a little :hug:

because i didnt have a "normal" birth i cant comment on the first two but the 3rd sounds like a urine infection which i did have

I was ok for walking after birth but for a couple of days after my muscles ached all over like i had done a whole day of strenous exercise, plus i could only walk about a few paces before i got really tired.

Peeing wise, i could pee but i hated doing it as it always ran onto my tear (they didnt stitch it so it was an open wound) so i tended too store it up and go only when ireally was bursting.

Also poo wise, i didnt go for about 2 weeks after, although MW said this was very normal, plus i was sooo scared of it being really painful and feeling like my inside were falling out, but it wasnt that bad.

Try not to worry yourself about it too much hun, just keep telling yourself every pregnancy is different, it sounds likr you had a rough time with Hannah, i hope you get it a lot easier this time :hug: .

Same as L*R, in fct I was advised to drink as muchw ater as I could to make it easier to go for a wee (makes the urine more diluted so stings less)...as for the other toilet action I was like :? :( wasn't that bad....but by that time I had put it off that long I just HAD to go :oops:

I could walk within 6 hours of birth, but I felt like I'd pulled every muscle in my body for about 3 days :eek:

On a plus note, at least you are mentally prepared this time. And every birth is different, you won't be running anywhere straight after birth but you may find your recovery is quicker :hug: :hug:

aww, sounds like u had it very tough.

i was walking a bit like a duck for the first week due 2 my bum being sore but nowhere near enough pain 2 cause me 2 faint or stop walking!

wee's stung for about 3-4 days and poo's didnt hurt at all (tho i didnt hav one for 6 days as i was too frightened!)

the only smell i noticed was a very metallic bloody smell.

hope u hav it easier next time :hug:

libs u had 2 hav a wheelchair and em u couldnt walk for 6 hours? i mustve been very lucky then i could walk straight away!

I had an epidural so the first time i needed the loo (about 8 hours later) I was accompanied to the loo by a midwife. I felt really weak but just put this down to the epidural. (when my sis gave birth she was walking about right away)

I had a strange smell but it was more metalic than hospitally. My sense of smell was very very strong for about 4 days after the birth (anybody else get this, I also thought I could hear babies crying all the time but when I listened properly it would be a car alarm or a kid playing outside or something)

Peeing stung a bit at first, I just held a pad to my bits while peeing. Pooing was fine (first one 2 days after the birth)

trixipaws said:
libs u had 2 hav a wheelchair and em u couldnt walk for 6 hours? i mustve been very lucky then i could walk straight away!

Josh was in SCBU and 4 floors below me so a long way each time I wanted to be with him - I'd been in slow labour for weeks and was exhausted and he was basically yanked out towards the end because they were getting concerned so a bit sore - it wasn't the pain though, more to do with the fact they were concerned about my exhaustion - I also had shakes - like shock which was the main reason- it soon passed after a night's sleep :D I don't think I had a bad time - so please don't let that worry anyone.

trixipaws said:

Josh was in SCBU and 4 floors below me so a long way each time I wanted to be with him - I'd been in slow labour for weeks and was exhausted and he was basically yanked out towards the end because they were getting concerned so a bit sore - it wasn't the pain though, more to do with the fact they were concerned about my exhaustion - I also had shakes - like shock which was the main reason- it soon passed after a night's sleep :D I don't think I had a bad time - so please don't let that worry anyone.

i wasnt too bad, i had an epidural and had to have quite a few top ups so the following morning i was still numb and couldnt walk on my own so had to be helped to the loo and to get washed.
they said i would find going to the loo after quite sore and that it would sting but it didnt and it took me about a week to open my bowels again.
to be honest its been 9 weeks and im only really getting back to 100% again now

rachelandjarvis said:
ok.. been there done it but just wanted to know if any other mums experienced this.

after the birth i couldnt walk for 24hours (is this normal?) (i had to be wheeled to the toilet etc) when i tried to walk i would either faint or just be in so much pain i would try to go onto the floor.

2ndly - did down below have a weird smell for a week or so. i cant describe it - abit hospital like smell but abit horrid as well?

3rdly - did you have a very VERY hard time trying to pee for about 2-3 weeks after? really painful? (made you try and put off going the loo all the time and when you did it would take like 20 mins to p*ss?)

4thly - kinda the same as the above with bowl movements? - but took longer then 3 weeks to get back to normal?

i just found all the above very unexpected and hard to deal with after just giving birth.. and i worry ill be the same with the next.. - it was an awfull couple of weeks.

I had all of that after Molly, it was a very traumatic birth.

However, after Aimee (just twelve months later) I recovered much quicker.
:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back