Abit of advice for my sil!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
I had a phone call earlier from my brother's wife asking me for advice about my nephew sleeping but i couldn't help her cos i had the same as Lace when she was newborn!
Basically, during the day my nephew Jack sleeps quite abit but when it comes to night time, their take him upstairs for bed with them and he wakes up screaming and will scream for afew hours constant! He's only 3 days old so they can't just leave him to cry! They feed him, change his nappy etc but nothing calms him down! My sil asked if Lacey did it and she did but not until she was about 2 weeks old! She'd start crying about 7.30 EVERY night and continue until early hours of the morning and by then i was tearing my hair out!! Nothing used to calm Lacey down either and she ended up growing out of it! I don't really know what advice to give my brother and sil! Has anyone else had this with their newborn or have any advice i can give her??!

Okay,
my daughter did this... now, all I can suggest are these:
During the day, don't put the baby in a quiet room to sleep, not in the cot or anything, just lie them on a mat or something. So even if they sleep, it won't be as deep a sleep because of daylight, noise etc. Be v noisy during the day around him etc.
At night time do the opposite, dim light during feeding etc, whisper or generally be very quiet.
If the baby takes, say, one ounce, at the last feeding beofre they want the baby to sleep, try and get it up to one and a half, keeps them going for longer, though obviously don;t push it, if their full, their full!

Sorry I can't be much more use.
Ooh, one other thing, if they baby wears actual clothes, as opposed to all in ones, keep the baby clothes on until bedtime, then change into an all in one. All in ones are more comfortable so they would relax more and associate it with sleeping.
I can only say my childrens preferences, but I know my 5 week old goes quiet when he hears rock a bye baby on the mobile above his cot, that kind of music just seems to chill him right out

x

Are they use the same sleeping basket or does that change?

try to be a little more active with LO in the day too!

With both my girls Daddy use to out his hand over the moses basket/crib and it would comfort them.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back