A year ago today...

Becky

Reaction score
... I was in hospital having medical management of my missed miscarriage.

I have to say it's snuck up on me, even though I knew it was coming I was feeling ok about it all but today I just don't know how I feel, except a bit messed up.

By coincidence today is also my last day at work before starting maternity leave. I think that's what the problem is, I have such a mix of emotions, I'm happy to be finishing and am looking ahead to the birth of my baby but can't help feeling sad about the loss of our baby.

Everyone here is cheerful and talking about how nice it is to be leaving and I can't tell them becuase no-one at work knew about the miscarriage but I feel so false about putting a smile on my face but then I think I should enjoy my last day.

I know there's nothing to do but sit it out and hopefully feel better about things tomorow but it's hard. And what makes it harder is that I didn't expect it to be hard, I kinda thought all was ok and I was dealing with it ok.

I just feel a mess today.

:hug: :hug: :hug: I'm sorry hun. I kind of know what you mean. The one year anniversary of my d and c was the day before my planned C-section. I was excited to meet my baby, but also sad for the baby that I lost. :hug:

Enjoy your maternity leave :hug:

I understand exactly what you mean about mixed emotions. My baby is due in a few weeks and my due date is almost a year to the day I had a miscarriage. I thought I'd accepted the miscarriage but as the date gets nearer it upsets me more to think I will never know that baby - not even if it was a boy or girl. I sometimes even feel guilty that I'm looking forward to having this baby in case it seems like I've forgotten the one we lost.
Sorry to not be able to offer any advice but just wanted to say that I can totally understand how you're feeling. Hope you feel better soon x

:hug: :hug: :hug: I really feel for you hun, just do what you have to do and hope you feel better 2morow :hug:

I have just seen this post hun. I know how you feel.. it has been exactly a year today for me too. Have some of these from me :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

im sorry hun, its a shame those days had to coinside. enjoy ur maternity leave :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back