A year ago...

babymad

Reaction score
A year ago today I was told I had lost my baby.I was 7 weeks pregnant and had an early scan as I am diabetic.I thought by already having two boys that it wouldn't be too bad to lose a baby, I was so wrong. It has been a very hard year, even though we both so want another baby we have sort of decided not to try again. I am 38 now and with the risks of being an older mum and the diabetes part it would be too much.I had pregnancy diabetes with my second son who will be 5 in a few weeks and I knew the chances of getting diabetes for good were very high, did not expect to get it this young though, could kick myself for not trying again soon after son was born before I would get full blown diabetes.I now have to inject insulin 4 times a day,If I was just a healthy 38 year old I would not hesitate in trying again.Just feel really bad that diabetes has stopped me having another baby.I know people do have babies with diabetes but it is so hard to keep blood sugars in the range.I just feel so empty and so cross with myself and I feel sorry for partner as he would love another baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back