A wee update incase anyones interested :)

Froslass

Reaction score
I'm back from Cheltenham now (had a great time, band came 5th of 16 so a good result too!) and really glad we went because honestly it wasn't as tiring or as awful as everyone told me it was going to be!

I had my last growth scan today to check fluid levels, which have decreased :dance: but still over what is considered normal! Baby looks happy enough in there though, and is bang on 50th centile which I'm told is a good thing by the midwifes!

Anyway, I got a sweep today at 39+1, and the midwife found me to be effaced completely already and nearly 2cm dilated! :shock: She said for a first baby thats great for 39 weeks, and hopefully the sweep will work :) It was sore-ish, mainly the prodding part, not the actual sweep, although it did give me some instant cramps (which haven't really subsided so FX something happens soon!)

I've been booked in for induction on Friday at 1.30pm! They'll give me the gel a few times to see if i'll go on my own, but midwife said they'll def be able to break my waters even if gel doesn't work anyway. OH and I have decided we're not telling anyone I'm going in, because It can take ages and I know that there are people who'll call and text constantly for updates and it'll just annoy me :roll: :lol:

Heres hoping I go on my own before then though, have been bouncing on my ball, ate curry for tea, went a walk this afternoon..

I suppose I'd better give sex ago too :roll: Hah OH will be happy, although I feel really bad about it because I honestly just don't feel up to it, but I guess if theres a wee chance it'll hurry bubba along I'll go for it!

The nice thing about friday is that it's my dads birthday, so baby MIGHT be born then depending on how quick things get moving, if not hopefully baby will be here by saturday/sunday! :shock:

Gonna give the house a final blast tomorrow, just make sure everythings sorted and then I guess it's just a wee waiting game till then! :yay:

Anyway, sorry for the long post all about me, just wanted to share the excitement with someone other than OH, cause we're not telling family just yet! x

I just can't believe how quick it's gone, and I'm so glad I found the forum! x

Not long hunny, hope the sweep starts things off for you x x

jampacked week, congrats and your result and yay baby will be making an appearence soon!! xxx

How exciting! Recon you will go naturally before Friday! Good luck x

Good luck Hun! im sure it won't be long for you xx

Hello! I was wondering where you had got too!
Eek how exciting, your have your baby in the next few days :D
Good luck lovely x x

Good luck hopefully bubs will come soon.. Although it would be a lovely bday present for ur dad!

Thanks everyone, lost loads of plug today and now getting period like cramps so we'll see what happens! X meggymums my text buddy and i have mummy2adams number too so ill let u know if anything happens x

At least I know Friday isn't too far away! X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I've just seen this! How exciting!! Reckon you'll be going on your own before too long :pompom:
Xxx

I think so too...been running to the loo all nit lol sorry for the tmi! X

Ooh so exciting! I'm getting induced on Friday too, what hospital are you going to? I'm in the southern general not sure if that's near you? X

Ooh southern general is quite.near.me yeah, I'm in greenock though so I have to go to paisley royal Alexandria! Would have been so cool if we were both in the same hospital!! Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Aww I know, would of been such a coincidence! I'm still hoping I go naturally before Fri but its not really looking that way. I'm kinda nervous about being induced eek! Best of luck for yours if you don't go before Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back