Sweep today UPDATE

Valley Girl

Reaction score
I'm having a sweep today, all being well, at home with midwife. Don't know what time but I'm prepared for anything. As it's my 3rd I'm hoping it'll be effective, worked for my sister in law who had her baby 9 hours after sweep. The only thing I haven't prepared for is it not doing a bloody thing, so let's hope that isn't an option. Hope it isn't painful, and hope if it triggers some contractions there'll be no stopping me! If she isn't able to reach it.. I'll sterilise a wooden spoon for her if I have to!

Sorry but....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Valley Girl said:
If she isn't able to reach it.. I'll sterilise a wooden spoon for her if I have to!

Good luck hun... :hug: :hug:

Best of luck today babes. Hope it starts something for you.

I had my show at 7am this morning, but nothing yet. xxx

Well, I've had my sweep.. and I'm a bit shell shocked!!

I am 50 % efaced, and she was able to insert her finger easily into cervix.

She's coming to repeat the process on Friday morning, and (drum roll) if it doesn't work she has booked me for induction on Saturday!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I can't believe it! I suddenly feel enthusiatic again.

Obviously I would rather not be induced, but at least I've got a end in sight, AND MY GOD IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

hope it all starts happening soon honey.

we could have a positive glut of newborns at this rate!!

xx

Was it painful? I might see if I can have one tomorrow. I might not be overdue enough tho lol.

Wishing you the best hun. Hope it happends soon.

Fingers Crossed this works for you :pray:

Sounds positive though!

My friend had one yesterday and was 2cm dilated and she has started in labour today. Hope the same happens for you :hug:

kitty86 said:
Was it painful? I might see if I can have one tomorrow. I might not be overdue enough tho lol.

Wishing you the best hun. Hope it happends soon.

It wasn't painful at all.. a bit 'ow' when she was moving her fingers around but nothing too bad at all. More like a bit of a pinch.

Going to walk round the chrsitmas lights in town now to encourage some pressure!

Thank you everyone for all your lovely comments.. it means a lot!

xxx

I really hope it works for you babes.

Have you have a show yet?

I haven't had a show no, but to be honest I have a feeling I have atriple grade plug! With my first my waters went and I still didn't have a show until the next day! With my second I was at least 5 cm dilated before I had my show, only an hour before he was born.

Had period pains and back ache, as they warn you, and feel a bit tender but still prompted no action! I am forever hopeful :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back