a very quick question

poppyangel

Reaction score
Could anyone help me and tell me when you get a scan date? I am 7 weeks pg, have been to doctors and have my first midwife appointment next week, does the scan date get processed after that? I am confused xx

i 'think' it depends on where you live but in general your midwife will sort it out for you :D at about 12 weeks

congratulations :cheer: :cheer:

Glad you asked that - I'm 6+4 and haven't even heard anything from my midwife yet, haven't even got my first apointment - is it normal? :shock:

Thanks

Hi, when I went to the doctors they phoned up and made the mw appointment for me, I expect if they write out it might take a bit longer x

my first midwife appointment was at 10 weeks, which apparently is the latest she normally does them, (between 8-10 weeks) again i really think where you live has a big part to play

it's generaly about 12 weeks however some places don't scan till 20 weeks but that's the old fasioned hospitals who haven't got with the times :lol:
and our midwifes see us at 8-10 weeks peg

1st scan is Dating scan and they aim to do around 12 weeks. As for getting the actual appointment date for this it depends on how they do it in your area.

Some people find their GP's do it straight after you tell them you are pregnant and you get a letter in the post with an appointment

Some people see their midwife at their booking in appointment (usually around 8-10 weeks) and then the midwife books it, either there and then by phone or again you'll get a letter in the post with the appointment

Some people (including me) had to book it direct with the hospital 1 week after you have your booking in appointment with the midwife.

Just ask your midwife when you see her at your appointment how they do it where you are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back