• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A thread to help each other :)

charlie26

Reaction score
Well iv just discovered we cant drink oveltine so thought id start this thread.
Everyone join in and help share advice.
If you can think of anything we cant eat or drink, let us know. Some of us arnt aware of everything and anything we can do to help each other is a bunus.
xxx

Great idea charlie :)

I am staying away from seafood, especially prawns and other shellfish if it's from a takeaway or else not cooked by my OH. These have a much higher risk of giving food poisoning.

(From GP) - Pate I have also been told not to eat, runny eggs, soft cheeses (dairylea is fine), blue veined cheeses, liver, homemade ice cream and mayonnaise as these often contain raw eggs.

Also there's many herbs that can cause early labour and abnormalities in unborn children, have found this list really useful
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/herb&drugchart/

xxxxxxxxx

Well never knew that! Not that I was planning on having one but come the winter I may have! What a really useful thread. xxx

Soft cheeses don't include philadelphia (no idea how to spell that!) does it?
X

No my midwife said its ok cos its been my craving with salt and vinegar crisps dipped in. xxxx

I keep hearing we can eat prawns? I dont mind not having them but come xmas dinner it will be touture.
can we eat ice cream from the ice cream man?
What about when i buy a sarnie from greggs and it has mayo on? So many things xx

Well iv just discovered we cant drink oveltine so thought id start this thread.
Everyone join in and help share advice.
If you can think of anything we cant eat or drink, let us know. Some of us arnt aware of everything and anything we can do to help each other is a bunus.
xxx

HAHA i love how i was useful :p

My midwife said i can have prawns and not to worry about my cups of tea but to def stay away from pate and runny eggs. Oh and she said shop bought mayo is ok.

I was told no whippy ice cream from the ice cream man. Don't know about prawns I don't eat seafood or fish and don't eat mayo either! I'm so picky with my food. lol

dont overload on Tuna either because of the mercury.

I'm a bit baffled by the not drinking Ovaltine thing.

I'm not sure that the company would have a big section on 'mums to be' on it's website practically promoting the drink if it was unsafe for pregnant women.
http://www.ovaltine.co.uk/en/static.asp?mode=mums2b_vitamins_minerals

PLus I read somewhere that it was vitamin A from animal produce like liver that it was dangerous to consume in large amounts.

Oh yes my MW did say about tuna aswell only 2 small tins a week which i dont eat anyway so no prob....i could really eat a runny egg sarnie now too as you mentioned it aaarrrgghh!!!

Oh im ok on the tuna then, only eat a can a week xx

The more i think about it how can they say not to have more than 2 cups of tea/coffee a day? I mean they say paracetamol is safe and that has caffiene in it so surely it cant be that bad can it? Then put that together with any chocolate you might have i would imagine thats quite a lot of caffiene and ive never heard of anyone being told not to eat chocolate when pregnant!!

Now you mention chocolate - it does have caffeine in it! I think something like 2 50g bars of chocolate is the same as 1 mug of instant coffee.
I have gone onto decaff coffee, but only read about the chocolate a few days ago so am trying to stick to 1 bar per day...it's difficult! ha ha!

Useful thread though guys. I didn't know about the Mr Whippy ice cream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back