A question for baby-wearers...

Tadpole

Reaction score
How much do you use a pram as well?

I am planning on using slings - and am getting OH one as well - so am wondering about the cost effectiveness of splashing out on a pram. Having measured all of them I will be getting a silver cross 3d as it is the only one I have found that folds up altogether and will fit in my boot. (I drive a peugeot 106 - very small).

But I was wondering whether it might be better to just wait till she can go in a stroller and skip the pram/pushchair combo altogether.

Oh - and from what age can they use a stroller?

Thanks in advance.

It can depend on how much your baby weighs. Mine is tiny - still only 4.5kg at 8 weeks - so I am still using the sling extensively. My sister had so heavy babies that she couldnt carry them for that long.

I have a pram too and even though LO first hated it, now she only wants to have her naps in it!

I think you can easily wait before buying a pram (unless the delivery time is very long) and see what your baby will like. I never intended to carry my baby as much but she really wasnt happy in the pram in the first few weeks. I didnt force her then and I am pleased about it as given her own time she has grown to like her pram.

I cant advise you about when to start using pushchair but I believe silvercross has both functions in it?

psssf you never really use a pram long enough to justify spending more than 100quid on it.... especially if you are a baby wearer.... in the early days lil miss just wanted to have mummy cuddles... we had a pram/pushchair + car seat, special offer 99€ :) We only used it as a pram maybe a handful of times, then she became interested in the world and it became a pushchair... we always ended up popping her in the sling eventually, even now I'll take a sling rather than a pushchair.... I have a micra so shopping can be fun even without a pushchair...glad DH is good at tetris. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have a silver cross 3D, I had it in pram mode til Willow was 6 months old. For going out to the town I never used it, however we live in the middle of nowhere and the going can be quite rough, also I don't drive so I have to walk everywhere, for instance to my OH's house which is 3 miles away. So I used my pram quite a bit when i was at home, never when i was out.

On saying that, since I've changed it to buggy mode I've used it more. I still prefer the sling if I'm just popping into a few shops mind you.

ok, im going to jump in & ask a stupid question.... the travel system ive been bought says it has a "pram position for newborns" what does that mean?
oh god this whole looking after a child thing is so complicated... how am i going to be able to do it if i cant even understand whats written about my pram? (oh & pram. pushchair... whats the difference? i thought people just used different names for the same thing?!) :|

Cally has been in a pushchair once, and that was because I had fallen down the stairs and really hurt my back. I am so glad I didn't buy a pushchair for her, and even more glad I didn't waste money on a double. She is a hefty lass my girl, but I will be arrying her for quite a while, and whe I want a break she will be in a stroller.

I have 2 different baby slings. I tend to use mine for quick trips for the shop. I don't drive and if I was to go shopping I wouldn't be able to carry my shopping at the same time as using the sling.

Isaac never went in a laydown/pram/carrycot thing, whichever you call them :lol: He was either carried, in a babycarrier or in his car seat, but that fitted into his Quinny chasis as it was a maxi cosi. Like has been said, don't worry about the under 4-6month bit, look at 4month+ and go for a buggy, upright seat, one that can also lay flat would be ideal as some LO's don't sit upright very well too early so you could realistically need a lay down/recline option :hug: :hug: :hug: Think I just contradicted myself there :lol: You will find a sling SO much easier and less hassle but it's nice to have another option.

I have both an use both - depends where I am going and what I am doing tbh

Use the pram if I am going to be out for a bit but I love the sling. Depends on the weather too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back