Pushchairs for 2??

littlebump

Reaction score
Ladies

Maddie will be 19 months when #2 arrives and I'm very unsure about what to do re. pushchair. Maddie's in a stroller at the moment. I had thought that I could get a 'side-car' type thing for the main pram as Maddie is such a strong walker already I figured that by 19 months she'd be happy walking with the option to jump into the side-car thingy when she gets tired.

A few people have told me I'm being optimistic and I'm getting worried I'll end up being housebound as taking them out will be too stressful.

I was hoping to avoid the side-by-side pram because I think it's hard enough getting around shops with a single-width pram. The ones where they sit front and back look soooo long and cumbersome...

What has everyone else used and how did you get on??

Has anyone used the Phil & Teds pram? Was it worth the extra money and how long did you use it for?

Would be grateful for any advice

Thanks
LBxx

2 weeks ago i saw a woman pushing a pram and u know how u and behind to push well in between the mum and back of the pram was ;ike this step thing on wheels and it like attatched to the pram handle and a toddler was stood on iti remember thinking i bet that is brilliant but im sorry to say i dont kno9w where u could get something like that i wish i8d of asked her

ofcourse you won't be housebound :rotfl:

ou need a double buggy though . Get a cheap one. go second hand from th paper if you can because it won't be long beofre maddy will want to walk. :D

fingerscrossed said:
2 weeks ago i saw a woman pushing a pram and u know how u and behind to push well in between the mum and back of the pram was ;ike this step thing on wheels and it like attatched to the pram handle and a toddler was stood on iti remember thinking i bet that is brilliant but im sorry to say i dont kno9w where u could get something like that i wish i8d of asked her

I think I know what you mean. They sell them in Tesco's! I'm popping there in a bit, so I'll get the name of it.

Do you mean a buggy board? I think they look quite good and i'll probally get one when Aimees older. Aimee will only be 13 months when this babies born and she can't walk yet anyway so i have bought a tandam. It is quite big and heavy but i didn't like the look of the ones with they baby sort or underneath the front seat and i couldn't afford a phil and teds.

the thing with double buggies is theyre hard to manouver, and push if your child isnt small! id say get a buggy board, that way she can stand on the back if she gets tired, and it doesnt get in the way too much

I've been wondering the same thing actually. Lydia will be 22 months when baby number 2 arrives.

She walks perfectly well now but does get tired quite quickly. I assume by 22 months she will be able to walk longer distances without getting tired but you never know.

A buggy board would be the cheaper option but I can't help thinking that then she's gonna be constantly on her feet, rather than having somewhere to sit.

A double pushchair though seems like a lot of money to fork out for a short time.

Blah I don't know.

i love the phil & ted pucshchair i think its a genius design id defo get one of these when i have another a lot of money but....

Dior is 20months now And Harley is 9months.
i do have a side by side double mamas and papas and i have sed it aboiut 10times if that! but i am house bound :oops: :lol:

but Dior walks alot but i have a buggy board its great she loves it. but it broke :(

Ooops! Sorry about the link length... how do I shorten it?

dionne do you reckon it's even worth me getting a double pushchair then considering the fact that lydia will be 22 months? or do you reckon a buggy board is the best option?

(sorry to OP for slight thread hijack)

it really does depend? long walks round town etc.
if i need to get some where quick i use the double saves Dior pottering behing me. but i get the bus every where thats why i hate my double. i have looked into so many buggys i dont like the phil and teds although it is good for not taking up alot of space. but i think this one is good
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Cosatto_Duet_Lite__6391816
read through the reviews
the back lies flat for baby and it looks very snug.
but once the youngests is a bit older they are higher up so they aint just looking at the childs head infrount they still get to see every thing.
its only a tad bigger then a single stroller.

defo sit lydia in a few first and imagine a new born with her feel whats best for you.

ps. no matter what double you get you will grow to HATE curbs

Thanks everyone. That Cosatto one looks good and is half the price of a Phil & Teds.

Liked the buggy board with a seat too. I may have a browse around e-bay and see what's around in terms of second hand doubles.

So what is best - a side by side buggy (which is difficult to get through shop aisles) or a front and back buggy which looks difficult to manoeuvre?

Jeez what a minefield - wish I'd thought about this when I bought my first pram but I didn't know we'd get pregnant so soon after trying for #2 so I didn't expect them to be quite so close together!!

Got to think about the bed situation next..............

i have not used the infront type of double.

but the side by side are hard to stear too.

when Dior was big and Harley was newborn but i wanted to turn the way harley was sitting it was so hard.

or what do you think of this???

http://www.buggypod.com/

i think it looks great.

I thought it looked great too but there are loads of negative reviews about it that I've read online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back