A new worry...

KateQPR

Reaction score
Just been for a doc's appointment at the hospital (after my car broke down en route AND i had to wait for my appointment for 2 HOURS!!).
They wanted to see me because i've had two cone biopsies as treatment for pre cancerous cells.

Basically when i have my 12 week and nuchal scan on Thursday, i'm also having to have a cervical scan too, which will measure the dimensions of my cervix to establish if it might be too weak to carry a baby full term. If it is, they may put a stitch in, but she said that carries risks too (of infection, or miscarriage)

I'm now so worried about Thursday, i feel like there are so many tests and things that could bring bad news. Just got home and ended up crying for ages, because i'm so worried that i'll get to 12 weeks (which i didn't think i would) and then the thing that will end the pregnancy will be a late m/c due to a crappy cervix!!

Anyone else been in this situation? I soooo want to relax and enjoy this pregnancy, but feel like each week is a hurdle at the moment. :(

its not something that I know anything about but didnt wanna read and run.... thew worrying is starting to get to me now and I always said I wouldn't worry and what will be will be but thats getting harder and harder!

have some hugs darling :hug: :hug:

Hey,

I cant imagine what your going through! It must be so upsetting.

All I can say hun is be positive, just think you have got this far. Im thinking of you and wishing you all the love and luck in the world xxx

hun it's not something I know about either but just want to give you some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have my scan Thursday too and after not worrying at all so far, I am starting to panic something is wrong :?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It does sound like they are taking you seriously and looking after you very well. I'm sure they'll do everything they can for you so you are lucky in that sense. At least you're not having to fight to be heard. Wishing you lots of luck for your tests and do try to relax! Congrats on getting to 12 weeks!

Kate i would look for successs stories of women who have had a stitch put in. I'm sure your midwife is scaring you unneccessarily. Ok they might have to tell you the risks by law - doesnt mean anything bad is going to happen does it? :hug:

Theres a lot you can do for yourself later on if it is going to pose a problem, and thats put yourself on bed rest. A lot of miscarriages are prevented just by bedrest. I know my sister spent her last tri on complete bedrest. it's boring as hell but if you can get the pc set up, and a tv etc then it wouldnt be too bad. :hug:

i know i just need to be positive... as the doc said, it might all be ok. Just that i feel like i'm going to learn so much more about this preg now on thursday, what with the normal scan (worried the baby will have died...) the nuchal (ok, so the baby may be alive, but is there something wrong) and now my bloomin' cervix!

Still, at least i'll have a lot more info by end of thur, rather than just worrying of what might be - which really isn't helpful!

As a treat, i've booked a bikini wax (did i say treat??? I meant torture) and eyelash extensions after my scan. Yay!!!

Hollyhobby - are you still waiting on more test results?

Jools - BIG fingers crossed for us both on Thur. What time is your appointment? Mine's 9.30

There will always be something to worry about hun just try not to worry TOO much :hug:

I've got to wait until 1.45 for my scan :doh: While I'm having my scan you will probably be halfway through your torture :lol:

Hi Kate, in my pregnancy mag it said really not to wax and to stick to shaving. It's something to do with how our skin reacts differently. I'm sure its safe but you might react differently to normal.

yeh got to ring tomorrow for my latest hcg and then find out what the next step is as i've no more appointments made for me. So hoping i'll get some info tomorrow. I've stopped worrying though, fI cant change the outcome one way or the other.

ah good luck hun will be thinking of you hun and sending lots of hugs :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back