spent evening in A&E

s

Reaction score
I'm just home from A&E. I went because my discharge started to have a browny/pink colour and I was worried. The nurse I saw said that if my cervix was closed there should be nothing to worry about but the young doctor who gave me the internal said there is old brown blood there and even though the cervix is closed and I'm not in any pain that she can't say conclusively it's not a miscarraige. So I have to wait until Thursday for a scan.
Doubt I'll sleep tonight! Feeling very down.
S

Aw pet, this is rotten. Waiting till thursday is a joke, see if you cant get someone on monday at the maternity unit and see if they can get one sooner. No wonder you are feeling down,
Take care just now
Laura.

Looks like I'm miscarrying guys. Bleeding so much heavier with a clot.
Gutted.
S

Oh S I'm so sorry to hear that.
Don't panic until you know for sure. I had bleeding at 10 and 12 weeks.
Take things very easy and make sure you've got someone looking after you.
Thoughts are with you
Louise

S

I know its a crap thing to say but Hope you are ok. Please try to rest up and take it easy. Have you got an Early Pregnancy Unit at your local hospital? If so why dont you go straight down there - its pathetic that they expect you to wait till next week.

Good luck - thinking about you.

L x

thanks guys
I didn't have much bleeding in the night just some spotting of dark blood when I wiped after I'd been to the loo - nothing on my pad.
What was your bleeding like Louise?
I don't know what to think. Even though my cervix is closed which is hopeful the doctor was too young to reassure me.
S
PS Any advice?
PSS No clotting at all since that one little clot and that might have been from the internal.

hun you cant wait till thursday like this you need to be seen by the early pregnancy unit they will do a scan for you contact your midwife and ask can she arrange a scan for sooner than thursday big hugs to you xxxx

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. Well there's no sign of anything now. Pad clear and I slept for a few hours this morning. I rang my hospital again for reassurance but I guess they can't give it. I was just told to come back if I was actually bleeding and I haven't been since the internal. All night all i've had is the odd bit of dark brown spotting.
I was also told to rest which I will do for the next couple of days. Not sure what I'll tell work.
But as of now the signs are good, no discomfort apart from the odd twinge in the night and no discharge and the cervix is closed.
Please keep everything crossed for me.
Some how though I feel pessimistic. My boobs are not uncomfortable at all now but I wonder if this is pyschosympatic (sorry wrong sp). It was if they normalised when I got back from hospital even though they'd been uncomfortable all day.
I need to stop thinking about it now I think.
Thanks so much. These messages mean a lot.
S

Sending you big ((((((((((((((( hugs)))))))))))))))))))

I agree what the others have said, you can't wiat till Thursday you need to ring either the hospital or your GP in the morning and stress how worried it is all for you - I had pains over the weekend early on in my pg and went to hospital, they arranged for me to have a scan on the Monday morning, which I think is what they should be doing for you too.

Try to rest and don't worry about work, tell them anything.

Thinking about you lots .......

Xxx

Poor you. I hope everything turns out ok and again I agree with everyone else, you can't wait until Thursday, insist on being scanned earlier than that.
Don't worry about work, you and your baby are far more important. Rest and relax as much as you can until you have a scan.
Take care.

Sending you hugs.

Nicki.x

Hi S

I had brwn bleeding on and off for a week. Not heavy enough for a proper pad but definitely pant liners.

Call your midwife first thing and ask for a scan. Say you've had bleeding even if you haven't because then they'll see you sooner. It's not fair for you to have to wait that long.

Fingers crossed for you.

Louise

Sorry to hear about your bleeding, but totally agree with the others, keep calling you M/W saying your in pain and bleeding even if you are not. They cant make you wait the worrying wont help.

Im sure everything will be ok, I will be thinking positive thoughts for you. Lots of love going to you.

OH S.. I had no idea.. so sorry you are going through this worrying time... it sounds promising that the bleeding has ceased now. It is true that the internal could have stirred up some old stuff and therefore the bleeding / clot could be just that.

If you are not having any cramps and your cervix is closed then all should be fine.. I really hope so.

When I started bleeding last August I went to my GP he rang EPU but they could not get me a scan for 2 weeks but he could see how distressed I was so he rang the hospital back, wrote me a letter and had me admitted to the ward at the hospital instead of at EPU.. they really looked after me and I had a scan within an hour of being there.. I really urge you to go back to your GP.. just lie and tell him you are bleeding heavier .. anything to get you that scan for reassurance!!!

Thinking of you.

Please take it easy.. REST as much as you can.
xxxxxx

Hi everyone,
We lost the baby last night. I went back to A&E at 3am because the pain had worsened. I was admitted an prepared for theatre as I was bleeding quite badly and they were pretty concerned. Thankfully though things settled down and nature took it's course so no fear of infection. I started to pass the baby naturally. The pain is pretty bad and i feel very weak because of the blood loss but I'm home and doing okay.
I think I'm getting over the drama of last night so haven't even started to think about the pregnancy loss.
Back to bed now.
Thanks for your good wishes.
S

OH S I am so so so sorry. I really am sad to see your post. My thoughts are with you at this painful time.

I am here if you need to chat, take care of yourself... Lots of paracetomol, hot water bottles and tlc from OH...

I am so sorry and can only tell you that it does get easier with time and when you are ready to look to the future it will be a more positive one than you can imagine right now.

big hugs to you and your partner
xxxxxx

Oh s I can only second what Anna-Marie has said, I am so so sorry and my thoughts are with you and your OH at this sad time.

Xxx

So sorry to hear whats happened. There is nothing I can say to make you feel any better. But just know that we are all here if you need to talk - we will all be here thinking of you.

Take care of yourself and O/H.

L x

im so sorry hun remember we are all here for you big hugs xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back