A little freaked out by this comment

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Just been talking to my gran ad my uncle who is a bit odd! And he said oh me and grandma call the baby "our baby" I really didnt know what to say it was a bit freaky tbh!
I thought maybe I was being over sensitive but OH agreed it was odd!

I agree that is very odd - I would be absolutely speechless if I was in your situation...

My mum refers to LO as our baby. It's her first grandchild tho. I personally find it quite endearing although i don't think i would feel the same if my uncle said it!

Yeah I was the last one on my dads side! But still too odd for me! My parents were shocked too

Agree! Very odd! Don't understand why anybody other than you and your OH would refer to your baby as "our"

Odd! x

My mum refers to LO as our baby. It's her first grandchild tho. I personally find it quite endearing although i don't think i would feel the same if my uncle said it!

That's sweet dee like u said it is different for parents.
My uncle is 51 never married or had a gf lived with his mum all his life and is just strange

I think it's just the way my mum talks, like if she was talking about another family member she would say like "our Sue" or "our Marc" I do it too actually! lol.

I would have done the half smile, nervous giggle, aww that's sweet thing while thinking...omg get me out of here lol

Does seem a bit strange, maybe he just meant ours as in part of our family kinda thing x

My uncle is 51 never married or had a gf lived with his mum all his life and is just strange

Yeah it does sound a bit strange hun! What did u say when he said that?

I am never leaving him with them incase the run off with him now :shock:

Yeah it does sound a bit strange hun! What did u say when he said that?

I didn't really respond I was kinda taken aback :-/

ah its sweet x x my gran used to call my kids 'her babies' i dont think its odd at all x

Of course, it depends on the tone of voice as well, and whether they go on about it, but just from the quote it sounds they are just being affectionate.

Her words were my and save (my uncle) pretend he is our baby, we call him our baby"

Just the thought of them saying "we pretend its our baby" sends shivers down my spine lol. I know a man a bit like your uncle, lives with his mum etc... reminds me of norman bates.... haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back