Freaked out by.........nappies!

OMG i am totally with you!!!!! I was getting worried as i thought i should be feeling more maternal but all i've been feeling is ill!!! I find the whole thing really scary. Also, now i am pregnant i feel like i am way too young - which i know is complete rubbish as i'm 27, married and have been trying and really wanting a baby! It's all going to be so life changing, i just hope i'm going to be able to cope. And don't get me started on the birth, sleepless nights and stretch marks!!

But really i am so happy that i am pregnant and do really want a baby!! :shock:

OMG i am totally with you!!!!! I was getting worried as i thought i should be feeling more maternal but all i've been feeling is ill!!! I find the whole thing really scary. Also, now i am pregnant i feel like i am way too young - which i know is complete rubbish as i'm 27, married and have been trying and really wanting a baby! It's all going to be so life changing, i just hope i'm going to be able to cope. And don't get me started on the birth, sleepless nights and stretch marks!!

dee - this is totally me!!! u have summarised my feelings completely!!

before i got preggers, while we were trying i kept thinking, gosh i'm 28 i'm getting old, then literally the day i got my bfp i panicked thinking, wow i'm only 28, i'm way too young!! xx

before i got preggers, while we were trying i kept thinking, gosh i'm 28 i'm getting old, then literally the day i got my bfp i panicked thinking, wow i'm only 28, i'm way too young!! xx

I was thinking i was getting old too before i got preg! I mean, really, we are probably at an ideal age to be having a baby aren't we! The thing is i don't feel my age, i still feel 21!

I am sure it will all start to sink in properly soon and we will have all them lovely maternal feelings :oooo:

Got my 12 week scan on Tuesday and think that seeing jellybean will make things seem a little more real! Have you got the date for your scan yet? xx

Hi girls, am I the only one not suprised by the 'birth' bit? My book warned me that the midwife would ask all those questions at the first appointment so we've already discussed it all!! And there's me trying desperately not to get excited yet in case of MC, yet we've discussed which hospital we want to give birth in (definitely not at home), whether I would have a cescearean (only as a last resort), how 'natural' we want the birth to be (give me drugs), who we would keep out of the delivery room at all costs etc etc. Has no body else talked about this?

I'm ready now to be asked all these questions. I'm just not ready to accept that I might ever actually get there, I'm still too scared its all going to be taken away from me at any minute.....

Erm, I wasn't really surprised by the birth bit, I know exactly what I want for birthing, just my midwife told me that I needn't think about it for a while :)

I was thinking i was getting old too before i got preg! I mean, really, we are probably at an ideal age to be having a baby aren't we! The thing is i don't feel my age, i still feel 21!

I am sure it will all start to sink in properly soon and we will have all them lovely maternal feelings :oooo:

Got my 12 week scan on Tuesday and think that seeing jellybean will make things seem a little more real! Have you got the date for your scan yet? xx

my scan is next wednesday :dance: maybe we will both be much more prepared after that :)

xxxx

Hi girls, am I the only one not suprised by the 'birth' bit? My book warned me that the midwife would ask all those questions at the first appointment so we've already discussed it all!! And there's me trying desperately not to get excited yet in case of MC, yet we've discussed which hospital we want to give birth in (definitely not at home), whether I would have a cescearean (only as a last resort), how 'natural' we want the birth to be (give me drugs), who we would keep out of the delivery room at all costs etc etc. Has no body else talked about this?

I'm ready now to be asked all these questions. I'm just not ready to accept that I might ever actually get there, I'm still too scared its all going to be taken away from me at any minute.....

wow star, you are well prepared, you and princess have it sorted!!

totally get being scared though hun, i think that is part of my weird reactions!! xxxx

The way i described it for people after having jasper, was that YES i do have another person to look after, another 'thing to be responsible for' but its very much like being responsible for yourself. When you get in a car and shut the door, you dont leave your foot on the pavement and slam the door on your leg do you? No, because its natural as anything to look after your foot because its part of you. Having a baby is like that, its like being responsible for another part of you not some other person which you have no natural connection to. So actually its very easy to look after the baby! Often its yourself who end up suffering a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back