a head's up....Rubella

pip_

Reaction score
hi ladies, just popping by from ttc.

not sure if this has been mentioned on here already (apologies if it has). when i spoke to my doctor about coming off the pill and starting ttc, she said i should get tested to see if i had the antibodies that would prevent rubella. rubella during pregnancy can be very harmful to your baby, and cannot be treated, as it's also harmful to your baby.

the nurse will take bloods to check for the antibodies. if you don't have the sufficient amount, you will need to have rubella immunisation - an injection. also, if you do have to be immunised, i think you have to ensure you don't fall pregnant within so many weeks after having the injection.

just thought it was worth a head's up......xx

good point - alot of us wont have had the vaccine as the MMR was introduced too late. I remember there was a big mumps outbreak while I was at uni cos we all missed the MMR as we were to old (I'm 28 now), so depending on ago people might not be protected. Its very dangerous for pregnant ladies. However I had it as a child while my mm was pg and my little sis turned out fine :)

I'm 28 and I'm pretty use I had mmr. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Some ppl will have esp after the outbreak. I can't remember if I ever had my booster!

xxx

I had my MMR, and got the mumps...twice! (I'm 26 btw) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

My doctor said to get tested even if I'd had MMR, as antibodies aren't necessarily still present.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think we were given it in school when I was 12?

I had my MMR in school but my bloods came back saying i had low immunity. I found this out on Wednesday and had MMR on Thursday. I wasnt told to stop trying but I am not having more bloods taken until March. Prob best getting it checked before you are TTC so that you dont have the waiting round for more tests!

I discovered while pregnant I had low immunity and had to have the mmr again when my daughter was born x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back