rubella vaccine question

flower

Reaction score
Hi!

Got my blood test back today and turns out i never had my rubella jab. Doc said i should be careful as it can be very harmful if i were to catch it. Has everyone else had a rubella jab? how common is it anyway? i dont really want to worry about it but i was just wondering what everyone elses experience was.

anyway, i had my scan this morning and the baby was kicking aroung like mad and all is well so im very happy about that! Also sickness is wearing off finally which is nice!

Hi, congratulations on the scan - am pleased everything went well :cheer:

I have my Rubella when i had the MMR jab when i was about 12.

My Mum never had the rubella jab either -with both me and my older brothers, she had to wait until i had been born and was then given it! :)

I'm sure you will be fine. xx

I think you used to get them at school when you were about 15. I got tested before we started TTC and had immunity even though I never had the jab - my doctor at the time "didn't believe in vaccinations" so I wasn't allowed it. I think now most children have the mmr injection, there should be a lower level of rubella generally than there was when I was young, so I wouldn't worry too much about it

Thanks girls. im sure i will be fine. I will have the jab after the baby is born like the doc said.... and will just have to steer clear of anyone who could have it for the next six months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back