A different world

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I was talking to one of my clients today, she's in her early 90's. We were talking about babies and she told me about her first labour.......

It was ww2 and within her last 2 months they had moved to a totally new area and her husband had been called up to war and gone for training. She had no-one close by to help her, it was her first baby and her waters broke 2 weeks early......

This tiny little lady (she's about 4ft 8) walked 5 MILES during a blackout and air raid to the hospital in full labour. When she finally got there she couldn't find the door in the darkness but managed to find an air raid wardens shed where she promptly burst into tears and he led her to the hospital.

I just can't imagine what women have been through. When I think about all the support and scans and things we get, even when we don't think they are doing good by us, it astounds me when I talk to women who have been through things like this. It honestly bought a tear to my eye xxxxxxxxx

It's mad isn't it? And think of what they go through in 3rd world countries too. We watched something recently where an african woman had only a rough idea of how pregnant she was and when she went into labour she had to walk about 20 miles or something too a hospital, then back after giving birth :shock:

We are very fortunate for all the support we have, but there are some amazing women out there xxx

oh my god thats amazing!
puts things into perspective a bit

Thats crazy.

I woman told me about her labour the other day and way back when, if it was a weekend the surgeons were asked if they wanted to come in to do c sections and if they didn't want to, they didnt have to. This poor woma went into labour on a Sunday and the doctor refused to come in so they had to use low lying forceps. She described her birth as heinous. Poor thing.

Thats crazy.

I woman told me about her labour the other day and way back when, if it was a weekend the surgeons were asked if they wanted to come in to do c sections and if they didn't want to, they didnt have to. This poor woma went into labour on a Sunday and the doctor refused to come in so they had to use low lying forceps. She described her birth as heinous. Poor thing.

Not much has changed in our hospital :lol:

yeah we should realise how lucky we are too have all the equipment etc that there is nowadays :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back