Braxton hicks

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
Someone I know who is preggo saw her midwife last week and she told her about her BH she's been having. The MW said that it's a bit too early for her to be getting them and she's a bit concerned she's gonna go into early labour. She's about 28 weeks. Now I'm a bit worried cos I've been having them since around 18weeks and sometime they are quite strong and regular (every 10 mins for a couple of hours). Should I be worried or is her MW talking a load of crap (friend said MW doesn't know what she's talking about most the time anyway)?

you can get braxton hicks from early on, my doc told me i could go into prem labour coz shes lyin low and shes moved up now so just goes to show that they arent always right, just tell ur friend to take it easy and not to worry im sure everythin will be fine, im not an expert tho :S hope that helps xx

Strange...I was going to post something about this today.

I think I've had some this morning, very painful period type cramps all round my belly and then moved round to my back. I had about 3 in the space of 15 minutes.
Not sure if I should give my midwife a call or not. I'm 19 weeks. x

I started getting these about 3 weeks ago. I asked my GP and he said as long as they are not painful then its ok. And you do start to get them as early as 20 weeks.

OMG this is me too! I thought I just had a particularly useless midwife cos I asked on Monday about them and she said ' well its too early really...I suppose you might be an exception, why do you think you might be going into prem labour?' So I said I dont know this is my 1st baby, and she just said 'hmmm' !!!

So very reassuring! Thank god for this forum as I already knew others had been having them for while so wasnt too stressed but just looking for reassurance from someone medical!!

I think as long as there is no pain or bleeding etc its OK, I read somewhere that doing too much can irritate the uterus and cause more of them too.

Hurrah for our amazing antenatal care!! :lol:

Psssf... I've had bh's since 15 weeks.... baby is low... and look at my ticker :roll: Little miss aint coming soon...

Doesn't really mean anything... I got early BH's with Tia too.. from around 20 weeks... and well she was overdue :roll: :rotfl:

So don't panic... !!! As long as you are not having period type pains, backache etc... they are just tightenings... then it's normal...

Apparently your uterus contracts all your life... it's just when it gets bigger like pregnancy, you notice it.. some people feel things more than others :)

Sally+Baby I answered the post in ask a mum.. :)

I'll tell her her MW is talking out of her butt then :roll: :D . Thanks for the replies :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back