98th centile?!!!

ISH

Reaction score
He's been constantly between the 75th and 91st forever, now shot up to 98th. Can't help but notice it's happened since we've started purees :oooo:

How do you know if you're overfeeding baby?!?!?!

they throw it up? they grow so much at this stage that they use everything they store for growth spurts, i think as long as hes having his 3 meals and milk normal and not snacking all the time then he shouldnt be overweight. they cant be classed as overweight til theyre over 2 anyway and Alyssa has followed the 98th centile since birth, shes probably 17lbs now. dont worry about it hun once hes up and active he will work it all off as they gain much less but grow lots when they start crawling

Lol! Bless him! I'm sure they'll let is know of they're full chicky. Sounds like a happy growing boy to me :) x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always been told you can't overfeed a baby - he'll just throw it back up. He's obviously enjoying his food, which is great! At least you won't have a fussy eater on your hands later! :)

He doesn't have 3 meals, Bev, he has only 2!!! (solids, that is)

I was told you can't over feed a baby too, he'll only have as much or as little as he wants. Sounds like he's doing well :) xx

lol he will take less milk as he has more food so when hes on 3 meals he will drop some milk. or at least that seems to be the way it goes. your not doing anything wrong hun x

lol he will take less milk as he has more food so when hes on 3 meals he will drop some milk. or at least that seems to be the way it goes. your not doing anything wrong hun x

I wish this was the case with Phoebe lol. She's now having 3 solid meals a day and 4-5 7oz bottles a day :roll: little greedy guts :lol: x

Vince is having loads of milk as well as 2 solid meals!

Angel started on the 91st and now she's on the 75th, at the last weigh in she was 18lb 14 and I got really worried because she'd only gained 13 ounces in a month but she's still on the 75th and he said she's so active she's just just burning calories if she's not rolling everywhere she's trying to crawl all day do its hardly surprising. She's on 3 meals, 1 snack and 4 x 8oz bottles!! X

i dont think you can overfeed them hun - they will eat when they are hungry and spit it out when they have finished, maybe he will be a tall boy, hes gorgeous :love:

He is definitely tall, but he is also obese, LOL!

Aw he looks like a nice healthy baby in his pics, tbh I can't wait till S puts some nice chubby rolls on!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I took Sophia to get weighed on Friday and she has jumped up a centile since we have weaned her - HV was really happy with her. She is between 75th and 91st, she looks so chubby and is so heavy I must admit I thought she would be bigger! She had put on 5lb in 4 months! She was very poorly twice in her first 4 months but she has now put all the weight back on and some! She is almost out growing her 9-12 month clothes!

Oh forgot to add, she now has 3 bottles (9oz) and 3 meals a day - doesn't always finish her mid day bottle but she is having the min 20oz a day plus her 3 meals and is still piling the weight on. She has naturally dropped her feeds herself though :)

Last edited:
Aw he looks like a nice healthy baby in his pics, tbh I can't wait till S puts some nice chubby rolls on!

Mind your wrists when that happens though, mine are close to giving up on me :oooo:

I have a back injury from lifting someone when I was nursing and since I've had her my back is in pieces, my knees too cos I sit cross legged on the bed when feeding in the night, oh god I feel old! Lol

You can't over feed him ish he will either spit it out or throw it up also he will burn it off when he's on the move!!!! Lol

xxx

I got the talk from a HV last time i got A weighed. He is now off the chart for weight but on 98th for height so i am not too bothered. He is a big lad.

Did you measure Vince? You can do it yourself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back