Baby's weight

swan1

Reaction score
Ok so like most mums i an paranoid, Charlie was 7lbs 13oz when he was born, he is now 33 weeks, ie almost 8 months and weighs a whopping
21lbs 11ozs!!!! He is not really huge but compared to most babies his age he seems to be much bigger, he is in between the 91st and 98th centile for length and was following the 75th for weigh until i had him weighed this week and he has gained 2 pounds 6oz in 5 weeks, this means he has jumped up to just under the 91st centile on the weight chart.

The Hv doesnt seem concerned but i have battled with my weight since my teens and still do and i dont want him to turn in to a fat child. I'm sorry if that sounds awful but i know what trauma that can cause. Charlie has 6oz of formula first thing, one weetabix about 8.30am, lunch of say pasta and a yogurt at about 12.30-1.00pm, dinner of two courses about 5pm and a 6oz bottle before bed at 7.30. He does have the occasional snack of fruit or a small sandwich at 3pm some days but not always.

My 20 month old nephew only weighs 23lbs so as you can imagine am getting a tad concerned, i know they are all different but just wondering what weights your little angels are!!

Alison

im the other side of the scale, my little girl is nearly 6 months and only just out of 0 - 3 clothes

I have friends with bigger babies though, one of them has a boy the same age as my girl and he is nearly 18lbs so please dont worry. I can understand your mindset if you yourself have had weight problems, but everyone is different.

What your feeding him sounds perfectly fine and healthy to me - so just keep up the good job :hug:

There is such a wide range of babies out there so i wouldn't worry too much. I know its hard not to but he sounds ok to me. His diet sounds very good! I've seen both sides myself, my 1st went well off the chart for her weight by the time she was 6 months old and stayed up there for about 4 years. She now round about the 91st centile or above. Aimee my 2nd only weighs 21lb now and shes 18 months and Nathan is 4 months and hes almost 17lbs. I actully had someone ask me the other day if they were twins :think: He is big I know but he was just sat there in his pram blowing bubbles and Aimee was running around :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back