my son, the giant... no, really, this is scary!!! (updated)

petchy

Reaction score
:lol:

got him weighed today while we were there for his jabs anyway (which went ok by the way, hardly any crying and so much better than last time! phew! hope he doesn't get feverish later!)

and.....

he weighs 18lbs 6oz (8.32kg) at 17 1/2 weeks! which means he's jumped from the 91st centile (which he has followed since birth) to midway between the 91st and 98th centiles!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

oh and... this is pure boasting, sorry.... but he can sit up!!! not propped up by pillows, but just with pillows around him for when he topples over. he can do a couple of minutes at a time :clap: i am such a proud mummy!!! (never mind the fact he can't roll over yet... lol)[/b]

YEAH FOR RUBEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done honey, top milk you have
xxx

wow he's a big boy, I though ella was big at 21 weeks she was 17lb 11oz.

I was about to make a post about Ella sitting, she has been sittin well with a bit of support for a while but she has just sat up with no support around her for 10minutes :shock: im so proud! and she picks up toys from around her and sits happily playing! Also she is now rolling over, once she'd done it once thats it! I cant put her down without her rolling over! I have to keep going up once iv put her in her cot and putting her back on her back!

Our babies are growing up so fast!

Ella's still not rolling, think that's to do with her tort. Apparently that can delay motor skills :? But she's a pro at sitting now, has come on all of a sudden.

Well done Ruben, you big little boy!! :clap:

kina what is tort??? sorry for bein thick lol! i found that ellas rolling and sitting came on all of a sudden, one minute they cant do it next minute they can!

torticollis (tight neck muscle). When I was researching it on the net it said that it can delay motor skills (which I took to be rolling/crawling) and that made sense. She's never liked it on her front (he has limited ability to hold her head up as one side of her neck is too tight). We've got physio next Thurs for the first time so hopefully we can get it all loosened up for her :)

iv never heard of that before kina. Hope ella is ok and not suffering with it. sure the physio will sort it out and she will be rolling in no time. mind you its easier whe they cant roll, ella is everywhere now have to keep my eye on her, its so funny though she makes me laugh!

God he is a big boy isn't he. Aimees only 15lb 8oz at 6 months. Yay well done for sitting up alone. I'll have to get him round to teach Aimee how its done! Lol

Wow, Charlie is 2 days older than Ruben, and is only 11lbs!!!! Well done on the sitting up, clever boy!!

UPDATE...

they brought the scales to our baby massage class today, and even though ruben was weighed on monday i put him on just for fun... and....
in 4 days he has gone from 8.32kg/18lbs 6oz to 8.7kg/19lbs 3oz!!! that's a weight gain of 380g/13oz in 4 days!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

he had just had a boobie-feed though, that might be why, but STILL.... :shock:

wow! almost 1lb in 4days :shock: they say babies should double their weight by 6 months old he will probably have tripled it! how much was he born?

he was 9lbs 5oz when he was born - he has already doubled his birthweight! :shock: i'm worried now that he is gonna be fat... should i worry? the HV has not said anything, but you know how it is... it's a mother's "job" to worry about everything! lol

it's not as if i'm overfeeding him, he is BF on demand and has 2 small meals a day as milk alone wasn't satisfying him - i'm even holding back on the solids at the moment as i don't want him to take less milk, he gets upset and wants more when it's all gone but i am worried i'll give him too much!

petchy, as Rueben gets more active he will use more calories so i wouldn't worry. Also boobyfed babaies tend to put loads on in the first 3-4 months and then their weight gain slows down and levels out. hope this helps x

cheers beanie, i do hope you're right! was having visions of ending up with a 10 stone 5-year old! lol

petchy said:
cheers beanie, i do hope you're right! was having visions of ending up with a 10 stone 5-year old! lol

you could be on one of those channel 5 docs "the 10 stone 5 year old"

seriously though i personally wouldn't worry hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back