7 weeks and bleeding

St3phsmith

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 7 weeks pregnant with my first.

Yesterday I had a small amount of brown discharge and very mild cramps. I called my GP and he advised to call the early pregnancy unit and leave a message (it was after hours) and they’d call me back today to get me in for a scan today.

This morning when I got up and went to the toilet there was some blood. THe early pregnancy unit opens at 8am so I called as soon as it was 8. It took an hour to get through it just kept ringing out, I also left another voicemail.

They hadn’t listened to the messages yet but I was told I shouldn’t have left a
Message as it’s for gps or midwives to leave a message to refer patients...!

They also won’t see me until next week to do a scan. As you can appreciate Im so worried. They are calling me this afternoon to arrange an appointment when they listen to the voicemails. The lady I spoke to said to monitor the blood loss and if it gets worse tell her when she calls me this afternoon. She stressed that twice - to wait until she calls me.

I appreciate I am not the only person who would be ringing them but hey know it’s my first and I thought blood loss would be serious enough to be seen quickly? I could understand if it was just the brown discharge and they would hold off but I’m actually losing blood and in a total panic now. I haven’t had my booking in appointment with the midwife yet so I can’t even ring them to get guidance.

Since finding out I’m pregnant I’ve been quite surprised how little help there is.

Am I doing the right thing by just waiting for them to call me back? I know if I am miscarrying there is nothing they can do but I can’t spend between now and sometime next week waiting for an appointment to not know 🙁

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back