7 week scan today, not sure what to think!!!

I had an internal scan at 7 + 2 weeks for bleeding at the epu. I was positive of my dates but she said I was 6 weeks saw the flickering heart. At dating scan which according to me I would have been 13 + 5 weeks she dated me bang on which makes me think the early scan are not that reliable for dating. The HB was reassuring hope your next scan is fine.

So sorry ur going through this Michele :-( but try to stay positive I know it's hard after what u have been through but sometimes it all does work out ok :) its not always a bad ending and il be preying for ur baba xxxx

Sorry to hear this Hun! I've got everything crossed for you. They have to give you the worst case information just incase. I was told not to pay much attention to the size until after 8 weeks as they change so much.

What a crap week this is turning out to be for us tri 1 girls. Seems there are a few of us going through it.

She did abdominal and internal. It was the internal one that she took the measurements from. She did say as it's so small at this stage it's hard to get accurate measurement but said she was hoping it was going to show bigger than it was from last Thursdays scan.
I can't believe there are so many of us on here at the moment going through a rough time. Fx all our Christmas and January babies pull through.

Michelle x

Hun i wouldnt go in.. If u cant face work then please dont go in!
Itll just add to the stress and worry.

Im sure everything is ok! So please stay positive!!! xxxxxx

Aww these babies are really making you work for it aren't they! I hope your little bean is getting its growth spurt on as we speak and they can reassure at the next one. Big hugs. Xxx

Just wanted to echo what the other ladies have said really Michelle, early scans seems to be very unreliable at dating. Here's my experience - I had a private reassurance scan at 7+6 which dated me at 7+3 or 7+4 at a push, two days later I had another scan due to spotting which dated me at 8+3 so in two days my little one had done a weeks worth of growing! I'm not sure if it was inaccuracies in the measurements or just that baby had had a growth spurt although I'm thinking the latter because at the first scan baby just looked like a smudge with a flickering hb whereas the second scan you could make out head and body and even tiny leg buds, amazing difference in two days. The later scan agreed more closely with my 12 weeks scan, I was put an extra day ahead at that one. So basically it is possible for baby to start off a bit slow on the growth front then catch up very quickly, I certainly hope this is the case wih your little bean and that you get good news at your next scan. Thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx

Keeping everything crossed for you hun xx they put me back at my early scan when i was bleeding and then when i got to my 12 week one they put me forward.... xx sending lots of hugs and growth vibes your way xx x

I was put back and then forward a few times hun.

Stay positive xxxxxx

I should be 12 weeks but I'm 11 weeks as it looks like I ovulated late. Ill know for sure tomorrow at my scan. I wouldn't worry about dates. Sounds like Bubba's heart has only just started beating. Don't worry about dates too much, I'm sure all is just fine. Good luck on your next scan hunny xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back