7 week scan today, not sure what to think!!!

Balthazar1275

Reaction score
So I went for another scan today at my local EPU.
I should be at least 7 weeks but baby is now measuring just 6 weeks. Heart was flickering but the sonographer wasn't happy with the size of the baby and the fact that the heart was bearly flickering, so I have to go back next Monday and see what's happening. She said at this stage the pregnancy could go either way. She was just preparing me. For the worst.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. I took today off work as I feel so unwell. Still got strong pregnancy symptoms so that had to be good. I really don't feel like being in work at the moment. I can't loose this pregnancy. I am trying to stay positive but it's very hard x

Michelle x

Fx for you Michelle that everything will be ok, you could just be earlier than you think. Xxx

Aw Michelle :-( i really hope everything is ok- every pregnancy develops slightly differently so hopefully by your next appointment it will be better news. Take a few days off work and try to relax as much as possible. xx

I was 7 weeks on Thursday
On Friday the scan showed me measuring as 6 weeks too
so im back tomorrow to see if its grown or if a hb can be seen x

Sorry to hear this Michelle, really hope it goes the right way for you :hugs: xx

I was 7 weeks on Thursday
On Friday the scan showed me measuring as 6 weeks too
so im back tomorrow to see if its grown or if a hb can be seen x

Good luck today Gail, I hope that heart is beating nice and strong.
I saw and heard my little beans heartbeat last Thursday and today so clinging on to that as a very good sign. Just need baby to have a massive growth spurt.

Michelle x

Sorry to hear that Michelle, I hope all goes well at the next scan :)

Sending loads of positivity <3 and lots of love x I don't think there's a 'right' way too feel Hun xx just be kind to yourself and try to stay as positive as you can xxxx big hugs xxxx

Hi Michelle,
It all is still good!! You got a baby, his heart is beating, so chin up!!!;-) it all is going to be fine! Fx

Sending positive vibes Michelle x x x

Hey Michelle, keeping everything crossed for you. They're so unbelievably tiny at that stage and they surely must all develop at slightly different rates. The heart beating is a great thing and there can be so much difference in a few days. The waiting is the worst part but I hope it passes quickly for you x

aw I'm sure lil bean will be fine! At my early scan with my first loss i was 7 weeks and baby only measured 5 weeks but had a heart beat! i questioned how it could be so small if as I was sure of my dates with charting etc - and the consultant said at that stage it is so difficult to get accurate measurements and not to worry about the size and beans grow at different rates!

i understand why you are worried, but try not to at this stage there is no reason to think you will loose your bean! rest lots and eat well :)

sending strong heart beat and bean growth dust.

What a worry for you! Like the others say I'm sure babies develop at different rates, my dates changed from early scan to 12 weeks so I'm hoping its just a case of that. The fact there's a heartbeat is good though. Got everything crossed for you x

Thank you so much ladies, your kind words mean a lot. I know your all right. Little bean is so small at this stage 1 week really isn't that much I am sure it will catch up by next week. There is a heartbeat and that's the main thing. Just going to rest and take care if myself and give baby liddle the best chance x

Michelle x

My daughter was 2 weeks behind but caught up by 12 weeks :) don't lose hope your biggest enemy is stress so try and relax as much as you can. Fx for you x

Yeh that's def the best thing to do, keep positive thoughts, can only be good for baby Liddle :) Heartbeat is great! I researched the subject loads when my little one went to sleep. Once there's a heartbeat the chance of mc keeps going down to something like less than 1% or 2% so the odds are on your side. xxxx

Last edited:
Did they do internal or tummy scan michelle? The tummy scans give quite inaccurate measurements etc. Important thing is that there was a hb. The consultant who did all 3 of my scans before the nuchal said that before 8 weeks he always did internal scans. I never liked having them, but better than getting ambiguous results. Your blood levels are so good I can't believe you're in this position. When do you go back?

It was an internal scan that measured me a week less
Very uncomfortable
She did try to do it externally but couldn't see anything x

Oh Michelle it's tough, I'm sure sonographer was just trying to paint worse case scenario. The main thing was that there was a heart beat, just focus on that. Considering how small babies are at this stage it must be so difficult to give an accurate measurement. Least they're scanning you again next week xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back