7 month old - food on holiday

DW1978

Reaction score
We are going away on Saturday to France for 2 weeks and I'm a bit unsure what to do about Jax's food! I always give Jax lumpy home made food which I make in large batches and freeze. I'm not going to be able to take already frozen food as we leave Guernsey at 12.45pm on Saturday and wont get to our campsite till later Sunday (we are staying at a hotel overnight) so it will have all defrosted and I wont be able to re-freeze it. He is also having finger foods but doesn't really swallow much when he does this, just squashes it and spits it out!! What would you do re food? Should I just give him finger foods while away or should I buy some shop bought baby food just for our holiday? I guess I could give him a combination of the two? I don't really fancy taking our mini food processor and making stuff fresh on holiday!

we brought shop bought from here with us, i had good intentions to cooking stuff myself whilst out there but it never happened!

there were a few brands that i recognised in portugal so there should be in france but as i coldn't read the label i was glad that i brought stuff.

she also ate loads of fruit etc and finger food which we got easily enough!

have a good time!

we brought shop bought from here with us, i had good intentions to cooking stuff myself whilst out there but it never happened!

there were a few brands that i recognised in portugal so there should be in france but as i coldn't read the label i was glad that i brought stuff.

she also ate loads of fruit etc and finger food which we got easily enough!

have a good time!

Thank you!

I would do a bit of both. Get some of those organic pouches and then give finger foods as well. Long as he still has plenty of milk he should be fine.

Well, I bought a couple of Ellas Kitchen pouches yesterday to make sure he would eat them on holiday and, even though I thought it looked, smelled and tasted like cat puke, Jax absolutely loved it and wolfed it down!! I tried to give him half a pouch but he cried and cried till he'd had the whole lot, lol. Then he managed a whole petite filous after too. Gannet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back