Solids and holidays?!

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey,
We have just booked a hol to spain in Oct and mother in law said 'you better take a lot of jar foods for him, dont be giving him the food out there' Now this is my first baby so im not entirely sure, but im sure by nearly one Aiden will be eating mostly what we eat but well chopped up? obv nothing he would choke on! Am I wrong? she says he will still need puree foods?! and also not to give him food out there, but I mean mash is mash right? and we only going spain? c

Just see what he's like nearer the time, I would think by then he will be eating normal food! Don't worry about it, they aren't like diseased in other countries! Just if the food is completely not what you'd normally eat then you may have upset tummy, not just LO you as well! Lol. But if it's a hotel and they cater then the food is 9times out of 10 gonna be Ur average stuff that we eat now. If I were you I wouldn't worry. Jars?! Some people lol. X

Tell me about it!!!! I dont want to give him jar food much anyway, was gona puree stuff! But by 11 and half months I thought he'd be eating bits. Its a lovely half board hotel! I know its silly to worry about it now. Just when she goes on about it I can say 'no he will be eating poper food' x

My youngest was 11 months wen I took him abroad...I took some 'older' jars but he ate mainly what we ate...the only time I used them was if we was out for the day. I also took ready made cartons of his milk for bedtime feeds cos it was difficult to buy decent baby milk out there (Ibiza) we was half board and breakfast was easy-cereal,toast,beans,egg etc xx

I'm having the same problem! We are going to turkey in august and everyones saying I need to take jars but she'll be over a year old so I'm confused x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he can eat proper food from the off set so long as its mashed with no bits and by the age of 1 he should be taking chucks :) so tell her to stick herjars where the sun dont shine haha

Aww thank you ladies! Haha midnight! I was confused. Thought he be ok with food food by then. Thanks for the advice Emma, can def take cartons of milk and the odd jar ok but I was thinking he be able to join us for meals! YES! I was right! Sorry but it makes me like this x

yes definatly take what ever milk he has :)
he might not eat as much either with it being hot but most of what they do in hotels is regular food

Yeah she was saying not even like chips, or mash or scrambled egg etc. We not even talking about pahella here lol xx

Oh and i'll be saying this advice comes from someone on baby no.5 haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back