6th week pregnant but nothing shown on scan

Ria0203

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it normal to not see anything on scan on 6th week.
How much hcg level is normal in 6th week. Mine is 1200 and nothing was visible on scan. Is it normal?
Should I wait for another scan?

Hi,

Is it normal to not see anything on scan on 6th week.
How much hcg level is normal in 6th week. Mine is 1200 and nothing was visible on scan. Is it normal?
Should I wait for another scan?

normal is a wide range.. but I think at 6 weeks my hcg was around 16000. They found little ones heartbeat at 6+3. Do they recommend another scan? What did the dr say?

Yes they asked me to come tomorrow for another scan and check if the hcg is doubling or not.

Aww sorry to hear that you have the stress!!! Could be that your dates are off a bit, and you are too early. Don’t assume the worst just yet. Really could go either way, but will pray that you are just a bit early, especially depending on who did the ultrasound and whether it was transvaginal or not….I would hope though that at 6 wk, it was. <3

The best indication is a second HCG blood test 48 hours apart to check the levels have risen, and how much.
Also, policies may be different at different hospitals, but I know when I’ve had early scans (i have had many over the years) I’ve been told levels of around 2000 are when you see things on a scan. But it could be that you only needed one more day to see something, so I would try not to worry even though it’s hard. There are Massive changes this early on even a few days can make a difference. And Definitely get bloods done.

Is it normal to see a small dot instead of gestational sac which is like a circle. Today we saw something small.

Yes it was 1500 now but it’s not too much increase from1200 . As per my doctor it should get double every two days. She is confused and me too. We also did scan yesterday still nothing shown.

Can it happen that it will increase more in 7 th or 8th week . Should I wait or terminate the pregnancy I still do not understand.

Just do what the dr advises. It doesn’t sound like a viable pregnancy ): they may give you medication to help your body miscarry. Or they may have you wait and see if it does it naturally

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back