Some help please.

billyo

Reaction score
Hi,

First time posting so thanks in advance for any assistance. My wife is five weeks pregnant and went to her GP yesterday as she has been having small pains on and off in her abdomen. We were referred to the local hospital and scanned the same day as well as HCG levels taken. The HCG level was 1200 and the scan said no gestational sac visible and pregnancy site uncertain. We have to go back early next week.. Any further info/ideas? Is it looking bad or too early to tell? Thank you in advance

Hi

I had a similar thing last week - they could see my pregnancy but were not sure if it was definitely in the womb.

I had to go back 2 days later and my hormone levels had doubled and they confirmed the location of the pregnancy.

There is a risk the pregnancy is eptopic perhaps, hope not.

Good luck :hug:

i dont really no but just wanted to say hope everything works out for u

Hiya

Please don't panic yet - As early as five weeks it can befar too early to tell. Some women will see a gestational sac on a scan as early as 5 weeks, but most won't. A lot of factors will affect how early you will see anything on a scan, such as the pregnancy growth rate in utero (each pregnancy differs), the type of scan (Internal or External), accuracy of pregnancy dates, late implantation etc....
I saw the tiniest of gestational sacs at 5.5wks into my pregnancy and it was an internal scan. A few days earlier and it was highly likely that I would not have seen anything at all.
Hold on in there until next week - Hopefully you will see your little bean!

Good luck!

Thank you all so much for your kind advice. I'll let you know how things go.

fingers crossed for you billyo
hopefully it was just to early to see anything.
hope you get to see everything is ok at your next scan
please come back to let us know how you get on

Fingers crossed!!! Please let us know how you get on!

yes its still quite early, good luck hope it all goes well.

Hi

Hope everything turns out for you im sure its just too early to see.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back