6 weeks today but so sick!!

kanga86

Reaction score
Thought that when I got to 6 weeks I would be jumping around for having reached this milestone with no problems, but my god do I feel so sick!! :sick:

I am struggling to eat or drink anything, I know I need to force myself to eat as I feel starving but as soon as I start eating my belly is telling me its full! Feeling so weak because of it. I have managed to have 2 ice pops, 1 crumpet and a couple of bites of scrambled egg! :( At least today I have managed to keep it all down, yesterday I was sick 4 times in total! I don't fancy any food in particular so can't even try and eat something I want. Feeling rather sorry for myself :( xxx

welcome to pregnancy hon....if its any consolation.....a sicky mummy = a healthy pregnancy xx

i know that doesnt really help xx

Sounds like a healthy baby :)
I felt sick constantly at 8 weeks until 10 weeks, I had a few dizzy spells as well, where I thought I was about to throw up every where. What helped me was nibbling on ginger biscuits whenever I felt sick and also.. sucking on a polo mint :D
My OH's gran recommended the polo trick.

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Last edited:
Thank you samsgirl, I know the sickness is meant to mean a healthy pregnancy, but I'm not really comforted by the sickness this time around.

I had really bad ms earlier this year with my mmc, I suffered all day for 4-5 weeks before going for my scan at 11 weeks, only to find no bean! :( xxx

Oh how awful for you :hug: I will shut up and stop moaning about my nausea now :blush:
Really hope you start feeling better soon x x

awww thank u sam's mum. I am feeling a bit more normal now I have actually been sick, been waiting for it to happen all day. :) xx

Hey sweetie sorry you're feeling rough. I am still only having waves of nausea bt have my ginger biscuits ready in the cupboard just in case.

At least we can celebrate the 6 week milestone :) xxx

All i can say is that I have been suffering with the most horrendous sickness, but i do get the odd day where i feel better and much more human. it will pass! hang in there honey xx

dry biscuits and water are a saviour for the nausea and sickness, im getting quite worried i havent had sickness but horrible nausea normally around the time i finiash work and have to commute x

aww bless u kanga, its horrible aint it?? i havent been sick but feel as though i could easily barf every day all day :/ hope it starts to ease for you soon and happy 6 weeks too :) xx

Been sick twice this morning :sick: even just a small bit of water doesn't seem to be staying down! Should I be worried? Xx

No don't worry - I got told that if it gets to the point where I cannot cope with it then to call the hospital, but it's not harmful to baby xx

I drank hot water last night because I felt so sick if I had too much of anything - just from the kettle mixed with a bit of cold and it makes you sip it so it keeps you hydrated without it really feeling like you've just drunk something x

awww poor you, i found that ginger biscuits helped, but my sickness was mild. Hope your doing ok hu n

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back