6 Hours!!!!

I would love to be home in 6 hours! Midwife said that is the policy here too.

Here's hoping!!

I doubt I will be though, SIL told me they only let you if you can demonstrate you can feed baby etc and as I am planning on breastfeeding I'll be surprised if I nail that straight away.

The sooner i can get out the better as i don't want to be separated from hubby.

I feel like a big wimp now :blush: I just can't imagine being ready after 6 hours.

I was in for two days with my son, then home for a night and readmitted again for three days xx

I feel like a big wimp now :blush: I just can't imagine being ready after 6 hours.

Don't feel like I wimp, I know I'm going to be pooping pants when I have to take baby home. It's massive having responsibility for such a fragile being. Tbh i think I'd like to stay in one night just to have that advice and support. It's def scary for first x x

6 hours sounds good to me as long as everything is ok......I really dislike hospitals so it would be great to get home sooner rather than later.

I heard it was 6 hours a few weeks ago. I was like 'WHAAAT!!' :shock: Seems like such a short amount of time after such a big traumatic and life changing event!

Yet if they made it compulsory we stayed in for days on end, I'm sure we'd grumble at that too :lol:
I think I'd rather go home after 6 hours then stay for a few days. Never spent a night in hospital yet, doesn't look like a fun place to be to be honest!

The thought of been let out with a big responsibility seems daunting though - I feel like I'm gonna need permission to take my own baby home haha!

Last edited:
Staying overnight in hospital with a baby, especially if it's your first, is horrible! I was in 3 days after my c-section. Imagine you have to leave your baby unattended to go for a wee or a poo. If he's screaming his head off and you're having trouble setting him the whole ward knows about it. They insist on doing your BP every 4 hrs day and night no matter what. Plus all the noise and the lights and buzzers etc

I think it's best to be in the comfort of your own home to be honest.

Last edited:
I had my son at a large hospital where it is normal for you to be discharged the same day, however I chose to be moved to the small midwife led unit closer to my home and stayed there for 2 nights. It was great because the small maternity meant the midwifes had plenty of time to help you and show you things, they'd also give baby a cuddle while you were eating tea and brought round hot chocolate and biscuits at 9pm. I had no experience of babies and really didn't feel confident that I knew what I was doing!! It was lovely to have a few days with visiting at set times rather than the constant stream you can get at home (other than OH who could stay 9am-10pm). By the time I took Ben home, I felt feeding was sorted (ish), I could bath and change him with confidence and just felt much more relaxed. I do realise that if i'd stayed in the large hospital I wouldn't have had the same experience as they are far more busy and don't have the staff or time for such 1.1 care.

I'm hoping to have this baby at the small midwife led unit and then stay for a couple of days before returning home to the chaos and excitement of real life

I want to be out as soon as i can, i hate hospitals! I also dont want to be away from DH for a night as i will cry infront of everyone lol x

Don't feel like I wimp, I know I'm going to be pooping pants when I have to take baby home. It's massive having responsibility for such a fragile being. Tbh i think I'd like to stay in one night just to have that advice and support. It's def scary for first x x

That's kinda how I feel, the whole labour bit doesn't scare me in the slightest, I'd just like a wee bit of time to get my confidence up. Don't get me wrong I'd be grumbling if they wanted me to stay for a week!!

I'm hoping to go to a midwife unit and they didn't mention that sorta time when we went to the open day, so hoping it will be more relaxed.

Xxx

I gave birth at 4.12pm on the Monday and was home by 4 o clock on the Tuesday and that was with a forceps delievery and big blood loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back