6 Hours!!!!

l_maclean

Reaction score
According to my mw this morning -

Apparently this is how long you should expect to stay in hospital for after giving birth if it's a normal, complication free delivery, and there's no probs with you or LO!

I knew it's been getting shorter, but still! 6hours!!! Seems very very short!!!

Xxx

I was told at ante-natal on Friday 6-10hours is about average now. x

I was told 6 hours too - really surprised me!!!

My notes say she expects me in for between 6 hours and 4 days depending on how it goes. 6 hours would be great lol xxxxxxxx

do you think its the same if its first time mums or mums who have had babies before?

When I had my daughter..11 years ago it used to be, if you had them before midday you go home that day, after midday you went the next morning..Chloe was born at 12:10 lol. So I could imagine that now it would be a lot quicker x

I'll be very happy if i'm home after 6 hours :) I was kept in days after having the boys :/ but in all fairness they wasn't problem free! X x

6hrs if no problems seems to be the norm everywhere. And to be honest, altho scary, I'd rather my baby be at home then in hospital. At least I know how clean and tidy my home is. And I know who is coming round and stop those who have colds from going near my newborn.xx

The minimum stay for a first baby in my hospital is 48 hrs . For a second its 24 hrs and if you have a c-section its 5 days !

The minimum stay for a first baby in my hospital is 48 hrs . For a second its 24 hrs and if you have a c-section its 5 days !

Obv that's ignored then!! My friend had her second and was out within 6 hours and I had a c section mon evening and was out wed afternoon

Where is your friend from ?I reckon Irish hospitals are kinda fussier . Its a bit daft as I was fine after having Lily I liturally walked back to the ward and wanted to go home but they made me stay over-night .

Same hosp as you chicky so will keep you posted! MW said at antenatal that if you make a fuss, they don't chuck you out ;) x

A section is 5 days?!? I was meant to stay 2 but discharged myself after 1!

I knew they had shortened it, and its not like i was expecting to be in very long, but how on earth do they know after 6 hours that your LO is ok, when a lot of problems dont show them selves till later??

Might be different for those who have already had kids, but 6 hrs to be expecting you to leave seems rediculously short. imo.

xxx

I was in for 2 days with my first (almost 4 years ago) and this time round I had him at 8:40am and was aloud home @ 2:15pm same day! Xx

it can be longer slightly if u take longer to get over epidural, or if it is too late at night they can keep u in overnight- 6 hours is too long for me, im gonna wanna get home to my bed!

6 hours is norm here too! All my sisters say they were practically kicked out of the beds lol! But they were all a lot happier to be at home settling in with their LOs.

I've heard you may have to stay longer if you deliver the placenta naturally though as they have to keep an eye on bleeding - my MW just decided for me that this was happening and I wouldn't get the injection. Does anyone know how much longer you have to stay for? Really want to get straight home

I got told at antenatal you can insist on staying longer if you are unhappy with something xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back