5am .....

Harry also wakes around 5am for his morning milk, which is really annoying as I'm up at 5:45 for work anyway so by bedtime I'm shattered! The little monkey goes back in his cot until 9/9:30am after his feed which gives daddy a lovely long lie in! X

Excellent news, James managed until 5.30 today!!

xxxxxx

How bright is your room Nat? Can you darken it any?

Aaron has blackout curtains but his room just isn't dark enough

Thats what I get for painting his room a lovely yellow - next babies room will be black!

Room is pretty light to be honest so I may have to try the blanket trick! We've got two massive windows though.

I need to get blackout blinds but we just can't afford the decent ones yet and the crappy ones don't work?

xxxxxx

Excellent news both of you....not much but a little more sleep :)

Hope the blackout idea works even better over the next few day!

I find Chloe wakes up the same time (ish) if room is dark if light (it's dark round OH mums and light in our room) but she does go back to sleep while drinking her bottle quicker at OH mums so think the blackout trick defo works :)

Good luck to u both! X

I would just try the blankets then Nat, honestly I feel like a new woman this morning!

I've achieved more this morning than I have in the last week, because I feel awake!

I bought some blackout curtain liners and they make the room much darker (can't have blinds as its a round bay window). Also moving up to the 6+ month dummies really helped with Drake keeping his dummy in. I'm loving the Mam Air dummies as they let his face dry more when he dribbles. :)

I hope Aaron and James start sleeping longer for u 2 :)

Reading this thread with interest has Harry has been getting up earlier and earlier. I see he's not the only one though, so I guess it's just something we have to accept. Anyone thought of doing the dreaded CC?? xx

5.20 today but we went on the sofa until 6.30!!

James doesn't cry when he wakes up ceebee, that's why it is so frustrating? He is wide awake but he's not hungry, he's not poo'ed (nappy is a bit wet but not bothering him as such) he is just wide awake...

Have you read up about CC, if James was in his own room I'd be leaving him to self soothe as opposed to bringing him in with us. No need for CC with us though :shock:

xxxxxxxx

Aaron doesn't cry either - just lays there chatting which is enough to keep me awake.

The last couple of days I've left him to see if he will go back to sleep.

Today he started stirring at 5ish .... Then slept on and off till 7

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

5.20 today but we went on the sofa until 6.30!!

James doesn't cry when he wakes up ceebee, that's why it is so frustrating? He is wide awake but he's not hungry, he's not poo'ed (nappy is a bit wet but not bothering him as such) he is just wide awake...

Have you read up about CC, if James was in his own room I'd be leaving him to self soothe as opposed to bringing him in with us. No need for CC with us though :shock:

xxxxxxxx

Harry starts crying pretty much as soon as he wakes up. We try and leave him to settle himself but think he;s worked out that mummy and daddy will come eventually if he cries loud enough! At some point we might have to try CC properly if he doesn't start sleeping better. Hope it doesn't come to that as don't want to! I've got a book about sleeping problems where they tell you how to do CC so will read through that...

Must be difficult having James in the same room as you as you can't get away from the noise he makes, even if its happy noises, it still keeps you awake! xxx

If we had a spare room I'd have probably braved putting him in it now but up until the 6 month mark I'd have had him in with me.

I am so channeled to hearing all his little noises and I find it so reassuring but the downside is he does wake me up easily as I can hear literally everything - my OH drives me batty with his snoring now.

I would def give CC a try if you have no other option, bub needs Mum and Dad to have a bit of rest and now he's over 6 months it's "fine" to do it, but yep do your research.

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back